Triple 7 or pyrodex

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've shot lots of different powders. Including Triple 7 and Pyrodex. I would recommend Swiss. Great accuracy, very good velocity. Clean up is pretty simple with MAP and doesn't seem to start corrosion quickly like the Triple 7 and Pyrodex does.
Just my personal experience and opinion. Others may vari. ;)
I've shot lots of different powders. Including Triple 7 and Pyrodex. I would recommend Swiss. Great accuracy, very good velocity. Clean up is pretty simple with MAP and doesn't seem to start corrosion quickly like the Triple 7 and Pyrodex does.
im not saying your experience isn’t valid, I live in coastal NC, we have humidity, pyrodex has never rusted my guns anymore then real black powder. Ttt7 doesn’t rust hardly at all, that’s not from personnel experience but from a freibd I hunt with that didn’t clean for a week after shooting at a deer. Ttt7 even cleans with lite scrubbing and plain water. Pyrodex and tripple7 are also easier to get for some of us, yea I know we can order online but I’d personally don’t want to have to buy and store that much powder to make the extra costs pay. I have nothing against real black powder, pyrodex and tripple7 just don’t derserve to be demonized by those who prefer the real stuff.

im not saying your experience isn’t valid, I live in coastal NC, we have humidity, pyrodex has never rusted my guns anymore then real black powder. Ttt7 doesn’t rust hardly at all, that’s not from personnel experience but from a freibd I hunt with that didn’t clean for a week after shooting at a deer. Ttt7 even cleans with lite scrubbing and plain water. Pyrodex and tripple7 are also easier to get for some of us, yea I know we can order online but I’d personally don’t want to have to buy and store that much powder to make the extra costs pay. I have nothing against real black powder, pyrodex and tripple7 just don’t derserve to be demonized by those who prefer the real stuff.
No need to quote me. That's why I put at the end....................

I just put a match to a bottle of 777 last year that was over 15 years old. It had finally gotten to the point where it was hang firing in a Renegade. Opened up a half bottle of Goex that was probably 20 years old and it was still instant ignition.

Had not shot any of that stuff since getting the smokeless.

Latest posts

Back