Triple Seven Powder FFg or FFFg

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhinelander

Reaction score
I have a TC Black Diamond that I purchased used last year and harvested my first muzzleloader deer with this year. The gun has a 22" SS barrel and I enjoy it very much. I have been using T-7 FFg (85 gr) with a 250 XTP. In theory could I get better performance using FFFg in this short barrel muzzleloader or should I just stay with FFg????? Thanks

If it's not broke.. don't fix it.

Of course there is nothing wrong with in the off season experiment with different powders and different loads. My Black Diamond XR does well with almost any kind of powder I want to shoot. The XR has the longer barrel, but I do not see that as something too critical. The main thing is find a load, tune it, use it, and then play with different powder.

Going to 3f Triple Se7en will give you a little more velocity, but not as much as you think. Also it will ignite better. But if you're not having problems now, that is really not a concern.

DITTO What CAYUGA said!

I acctually get better proformence out of the 2fg 777

RON G.

I generally DO use Triple Se7en fffg in .50cal muzzleloaders with barrel lengths less than 24 inches. BUT if you're getting good results with ffg there's really no real need to change.

Back