Tripods for spotting scopes

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rifleman

Reaction score
Well cross my fingers I might be getting an old model Leupold compact spotter. Now I am looking for a good tripod for bench use. I have used some tripods in the past that were hard to adjust or would not hold adjustment and want to steer clear of those. I just need something decent not great primarily to be used on the bench. Any recommendations fellas?

Rifleman said:
Now I am looking for a good tripod for bench use. I have used some tripods in the past that were hard to adjust or would not hold adjustment and want to steer clear of those. I just need something decent not great primarily to be used on the bench.

There are a variety of Slik and Vivitar models, likely at your local Wally World that should fix you up-- and you can handle before you buy.

Dwight, check out the leupold compact model. Thats what I have and it works great. It has a ball head with a quick detach mount. Good luck Joel

Doohan said:
my money says Chuck has the answer!!!

Well this time I only know which ones NOT to get. The one NOT to get is the Burris Benchrest Micro-Adjustable Tripod. Midsouth sells it and it is really crappy! I usually have too much crap on the bench for a tripod anyway and always use a conventional tripod. In fact I keep 3 in my truck at all times!

Back