trying to post pictures

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made it ---- but it doesn't belong to me. 
It was made for a man in New York.

Thanks guys.
I have been building them now for 47 years.
I would hope I could get good at something in 47 years.....

Here are a few more to look at.
Carlen008.jpg

100_1199.jpg

Soapers4.jpg

ZihnWrist.jpg

MyRifle.jpg

I'd be afraid to take those out of the house. I'm kind of rough on guns.

The carving is gorgeous.

Pretty guns are still guns.

If you buy a $30,000 car you are not afraid to take it to the grocery store.

Sometimes people bump shopping carts into out cars and even ram their doors into our doors, but we know its part of using the car.

A $30,000 car costs a lot more then a $4000 gun.

The gun will double in price/value in 20 years as a rule.

Will the car?

As long as we don't allow our guns to rust and as long as we don't bend the barrel or break the stock in half they will last for hundreds of years.

Never be afraid to hunt with the guns I make

That's why I make them. They are for shooting.

I take great pains to make them accurate.  If they were only for eye candy I would not make them

Hunting and shooting is WHAT THEY ARE FOR!

I totally agree but I hate to mess up a beautiful object.
I bought an o/u Zoli shotgun with the nicest walnut plus an engraved receiver and gold plated trigger and forearm lever in 1972. I shot it on dove and quail hunts and wore off the gold plating. Even though it fit me better than any other shotgun I had, I retired it and gave it to my daughter years later. I couldn't stand to mess it up.

I hope your daughter is using it.  The biggest shame there is in the gun world is a weapon that is so well done as to be called a "masterpiece" shut away in some dark safe or closet and going 100% unused.

She semi-uses it. My granddaughter may get it from her. My granddaughter just went on her first hunt with me and she loves it. She wanted to cancel her birthday party to go hunting but her folks wouldn't let her.

Back