Two weeks and counting

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laker

Reaction score
Well I havent posted in a while but I have been here about every day. I am leaving 2 weeks from today for South Dakota for buffalo and was even lucky enough to draw one of 10 non resident antelope tags for that unit. So I have 2 and a half days to kill a buffalo and find a good pronghorn buck. The buffalo is a private herd so there is no tags involved but the hunt is on 52000 acres so we will still have to hunt hard in order to kill 2 buffalo and a pronghorn. I have a close freind going with me and he is going to run the camera for me and I will hope to run it for him. This will be his first out west big game hunt so wish us luck. Joel

Laker,

Good luck to ya on the bison and antelope. Two of us are off to Montana in about 2 1/2 weeks for antelope with the muzzleloaders. The Barns 250 MZ hp is going into 1" at 100 yards from the Knight Disc Extreme .50 and will be used on this hunt. This is always a fun hunt and turkey season is open at the same time. Lookin' forward to havin' a good time :lol: .

Good luck Joel, I can't wait for the report and pics!

What are you going to be shouldering on this trip? That HS Precision piece ya just got?

Man, I would love to go on a Bison hunt. Are you going to shoot a meat bull or one of those big old ornery suckers!!

This is a trophy hunt only and it is on the ranch where they filmed Dances withWolves. The name of the ranch is called the Triple U buffalo Ranch The cost of the hunt is only 1500.00 for a trophy Bull or 1250 for a meat hunt. The trophy hunt you do not get to keep any meat but you can purchase some at the ranch.

YEP going to whack em with the 300 WSM HS Precision I loaded up some of the new Barnes MRX 180s to try I know that is over kill for the pronghorn but oh do they shoot with that gun. I am going to try to do a long range kill on the pronghorn if everything is just right. 400-500 yards

I know this sounds long but I have been shooting alot and am very comfortable doing it if the conditions are just right

Latest posts

Back