Ultimate Firearms "Non-Review" by Fadala

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you load from the muzzle, you are always ON the lands.

Indyultra said:
Are you calling Cecil of PR Bullets a liar?

ABSOLUTELY. :shock:

UC,

How fast do you close your bolt, will Cream of Wheat help, and-- what is the best way to bounce a bullet off a rock?

Don't have the heart to tell CVA owners that the Optima is a form 4473 gun. :cry:

This is what Crow-Feather means, in a smegmalogical sense. :?

Ok, My mistake of the bolt thing, I was thinking of something else. I'm not sure on the lock time a of a Howa but I know it's 2.6 milliseconds for a Remington.

Indy...I edited your today's 12:42 PM post in connection with your reference to HP ML information.

4473 form cause can be changed to a centerfire rifle in a mater of minutes

reason it isnt smokless rated cause in michigan it is illegal to use, and believe me when or if michgian ever does change so will the guns rating.

Chris said:
4473 form cause can be changed to a centerfire rifle in a mater of minutes

reason it isnt smokless rated cause in michigan it is illegal to use, and believe me when or if michgian ever does change so will the guns rating.

You headspace far faster than most gunsmiths, and must have a large stock of replacement bolts on hand.

Of course smokeless is not illegal in Michigan, you have a center-fire season. With a purported 500 yard gun, why wouldn't you want to use it in all seasons? Clean the pellet burner, and grab a .30-30 for rifle season :?:

Are Bp Xpresses sold in Michigan only, or more modern states-- like IL, KY, MD, IA, WI, OH, NY, PA, NC, SC, IN, TN, AR, TX, etc. where smokeless is perfectly legal?

Do you have to be from Michigan to own one, and are most Ultimate owners called "Chris"? :roll:

since i dont know chris from monroe i cant say and since i dont have list of who all has bought guns named chris i cant tell yah,

and i do use mine all season long but since i hunt in the southren lower (no centerfire rifles allowed) and besides i dont need to shoot smokeless to get the job done .

well since i have the factory 308 barrel for mine and it uses the same bolt randy, but then i again i have other guns for that if i choose too!

So Randy do you have to head space the Optima and Encore? Don't knock something you don't know. As the other Chris said, it is the same bolt. A compentent gunsmith can change a barrel out faster than you are giving them credit for. On a Howa action the is no removable recoil lug to crush and and replace. You can use a Smokeless during Regular rifle season, but like you sad, why would you use a smokless gun when I have 7mm. Infact I do own a few smokeless guns, .300 Savage, 7mm-08, 17HM2, .220 Swift, 7mm, 300RUM, 9mm,357, and a 445 Supermag. So what superior about a Savage 10ML smokeless over these guns? Other than it doesn't use brass? So like the other Chris I also hunt the shotgun/Muzzleloader zone and I can only use a BL Gun. Sorry that we're so behind the times and not modern enough here in Michigan, ya know our Pa's didn't like all that book learnin stuff.

WHAT IS YOUR BEEF WITH THESE GUNS?

Well, Indy Ultra--

Since I started this thread, the only one you have ever "contributed" to, it should be quite clear that the disappointment was with the attempted review by Sam Fadala-- who failed to answer the questions he himself posed. If you think that was in any way a sufficient review-- fine by me. I don't think it was, or is.

As far as "the gun"-- little problem as to its function as a muzzleloader, there is no mystery. Anyone should have a problem with false advertising though, and that is my sole "beef," though it all tastes like chicken.

If you want to advertise "fastest lock time," then it is only reasonable to state what it is. What it is slower than a Remington short action, which in turn is slower than a Savage short action-- regardless of how fast or slow you close your bolt.

If you want to claim a large bore rifle primer is 10X hotter than a 209, then you might do well to explain how that one was concocted.

If you want to say something as meaningless as "completely burning pellets" that chemically cannot be completely burned-- you might want to be able to explain what in the world you are talking about. Hodgdon Power ballisticians would like to know.

If you want to claim a "harmonics free barrel," then you really need to be able to back it up. After all that rhetoric, a barrel band is popped on it. So much for the harmony of harmonics.

If you want to tout an "advanced recoil reduction system," then at least have something to say that makes sense. All this, under a "NO BRAG, JUST FACT" banner before the bull.

The problem was with the review. Invariably, a few thin-skinned Ultimate owners shriek when their $150 a pound Boyd-stocked wonders are mentioned, regardless of the context.

If you can possibly explain the "No Brag, Just Fact" listing-- have at it. No one else has ever been able to, and that includes Randy Johnson.

A Howa Supreme Varminter retails for $670. http://www.snipercentral.com/howa.htm
Add $1100 or so to that retail price, and bingo: BP Xpress Infinity ? starting at $1800*

And we can all buy piles of pellets and die happy. Quite a bargain for some. $700 for a cheap Walther barrel and a $25 Sims pad? :shock: The only thing that is "harmonics free" is your piggy bank after your "investment." :cry:

No Brag, Just Fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back