unbelievable! !

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pilsbury38

Reaction score
Well after siting many many hours in the stand and seeing alot of deer so far this year i noticed this morning a doe that had afairly bad limp. So after some thought i figured i would use a doe tag on her...........and wouldnt you know it........yep........i MISSED!!!! I have shot a couple squirrels and a grouse this year with my bow ........but apparently larger targets are harder for me to hit!! Lol!! The worst part is both of my kids 13 & 16 have gotten bucks.....so you can just imagine the harrasment i am getting from them!! Oh well its all about the fun, better luck to me next time! Happy hunting everyone!!!!

If I had shot a doe I would have killed the only deer I've seen this season :(

I did, however find 5 brand new scrapes this morning :)

Wow gregk! Your herd down there is obviously much lower than ours. I have seen as many as 26 in one night, normal night i will see 8-10 problem is there all does. My son shot a six early in the year and my daughter shot a 5 a week ago but only tc pics of spikes lately, hopefully that will change. Are you hunting public or private land? Around here that does changa what we see. Public land had way to many doe tags for to long, but thats my opinion.

Been there before myself. Sounds like a case of "Doe" Fever. :p
:oops: I once missed a doe that was only 8 yards away while hunting on the ground with my bow. It's easy to do when they appear out of nowhere :face: , are curious enough to stupidly stand there while you draw down on them, and you use the wrong sight pin. After I missed I had to laugh :lol: at whose's really the stupid one.

pilsbury38 said:
Wow gregk! Your herd down there is obviously much lower than ours. I have seen as many as 26 in one night, normal night i will see 8-10 problem is there all does. My son shot a six early in the year and my daughter shot a 5 a week ago but only tc pics of spikes lately, hopefully that will change. Are you hunting public or private land? Around here that does changa what we see. Public land had way to many doe tags for to long, but thats my opinion.

This is all private farm land that I've hunted my entire life. That EHD disease has just destroyed the deer herd here :(

Yip P38 it happens ...I once missed an Impala from 35 ft with a rifle :oops:

I have heard storys about the ehd. Fortunately it hasnt effected the herd around us.

Spitfire the bad thing is i know why i missed......basically because I'm an idiot lol. When i shot the my bow with broadheads it was shooting about 3 1/2 inches high but i figured i would compensate for that when shooting at a deer so that i didnt have to adjust my sights so that while shooting at small game with judo point i could put the pin right on it. Well half my plan worked, i can hit small game however a combination of the bow shooting high and the deer ducking the shot i was off about 6-7 inchs which resulted in an inch over its back! Oh well at least this time i have a excuse i have missed before with no excuse!!! Lol i guess this could classified as a case of doe fever because i just didnt think......good luck to all

went hunting with my new V2 last week and shot a nice doe. The first one with my new rifle. I shot at 5 other deer but never found them. LOL NO BLOOD. Well now that I have the NEW frame from CVA for my V2, I now have to re-boresight it again.

Dont feel like the lone ranger,our deer herd was hit HARD here. hoping for a good gun season.But missing is half the fun! :lol!:

Latest posts

Back