Unending Cruelty

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My wife and I have been involved with animal rescue for over a year now. We've fostered over 60 dogs and a dozen or so kittens.
They all had different stories as to how they came to us.
Today, we picked up 5 little puppies that were found hiding in a deer carcass on the side of the road.
They all stink but seem to be in good shape.
They'll be with us for a little while until they go to a rescue.
It just kills me what people will do.20220101_142417.jpg

My wife and I have been involved with animal rescue for over a year now. We've fostered over 60 dogs and a dozen or so kittens.
They all had different stories as to how they came to us.
Today, we picked up 5 little puppies that were found hiding in a deer carcass on the side of the road.
They all stink but seem to be in good shape.
They'll be with us for a little while until they go to a rescue.
It just kills me what people will do.View attachment 18491
I'm an animal lover too. I've had dogs since before I could walk & many pets of all kinds including strays & rescues. Thanks for bein the good natured soul that you are for doing all that you for for them. Well done!

You and your wife are people after my own heart.

One of my sisters has a biology degree and chose to work as a Vet Tech for decades. For over 25 years I have rescued, rehabilitated and cared for highly aggressive large breed dogs until they died of old age.

They were all brought to the vet clinic to be put down for "behavioral problems". Against state law, and unknown to anyone but me, my sister and a kindhearted vet, these death row giants were given to me as a last-ditch effort to save their lives. Rotties, Pits, Boxers, Pit-Chows, Dobies, Huskies, German Shepards, "wild" Carolina Yellows, Mastiffs, Great Danes, Fifty Sevens - and my most challenging rescue ever - a psychotic 8 lb female Chiwawa with a bad heart, who in 12 years left me with more scars than all the others combined.

Every one was either highly inbred and/or severely abused: starving, mangy, disease infested, sick, beaten, tortured, injured, driven to uncontrollably violent madness, and even a few with canine rage syndrome. One Carolina Yellow attacked me religiously every feeding time for over two years; but by the old age of 13 he was docile as a puppy.

I keep them in kennels where I live alone on the rural farm inherited from my grandfather. It has become a refuge and their final resting place. Sorry for the long post and thanks for what you're doing deermanok.

Good for you, deermanok!

We have a friend here in MN who does dog fostering for some local shelters, and dog hospice. I don’t think I could handle that, emotionally... 😥

Here’s my sweetheart, Stella. She came to stay with us, but it’s forever! 🥰

View attachment 18498
Good for you, deermanok!

We have a friend here in MN who does dog fostering for some local shelters, and dog hospice. I don’t think I could handle that, emotionally... 😥

Here’s my sweetheart, Stella. She came to stay with us, but it’s forever! 🥰

View attachment 18498
I showed Stella's picture to my wife. She just loved her!

You and your wife are people after my own heart.

One of my sisters has a biology degree and chose to work as a Vet Tech for decades. For over 25 years I have rescued, rehabilitated and cared for highly aggressive large breed dogs until they died of old age.

They were all brought to the vet clinic to be put down for "behavioral problems". Against state law, and unknown to anyone but me, my sister and a kindhearted vet, these death row giants were given to me as a last-ditch effort to save their lives. Rotties, Pits, Boxers, Pit-Chows, Dobies, Huskies, German Shepards, "wild" Carolina Yellows, Mastiffs, Great Danes, Fifty Sevens - and my most challenging rescue ever - a psychotic 8 lb female Chiwawa with a bad heart, who in 12 years left me with more scars than all the others combined.

Every one was either highly inbred and/or severely abused: starving, mangy, disease infested, sick, beaten, tortured, injured, driven to uncontrollably violent madness, and even a few with canine rage syndrome. One Carolina Yellow attacked me religiously every feeding time for over two years; but by the old age of 13 he was docile as a puppy.

I keep them in kennels where I live alone on the rural farm inherited from my grandfather. It has become a refuge and their final resting place. Sorry for the long post and thanks for what you're doing deermanok.
Your story is amazing. God bless you for all your work.
Jim

Back