USPO Surcharges

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THX ourway77, will have to remember that next time I'm shipping. Might have to go with brown Santa or Fed-up er x.

And the small flat rate box is just shy of ten bucks.

I still find USPS to be cheaper than fedex or ups. Most of the time. Their additional insurance on a package seems to be the cheapest of the 3. Ive not had to file a claim with usps yet. Brown has left me with busted up packages a couple times and never honored their insurance, ever. Im a little biased tho, my sister retired from the usps and told me plenty of stories about how hard and thankless the job can be(like any job). They have hiring quotas way more strict than private companies. They often have to hire certain types over more qualified applicants because of the quotas. That alone can make good service more difficult. I dont have a problem with it because former military get preferential hiring, but it still can leave jobs with underqualified workers. Plus there is no place they dont deliver mail to. Theyve been supplimenting their budget by delivering for amazon, ups and fedex, too. Yes they have some problems but all things considered and all the mail and packages that get delivered on time and undamaged i think they do a pretty good job for the price.

I am not complaining about the post office. I am having deja vu. It is like it is spring 1973, I just got back in the country, and I am standing here scratching my butt wondering what the heck happened in the last 13 months.

Just sent a 9-pound package measuring 4x8x48 inches to two state east of me, with 800.00 worth of insurance, via UPS. The cost was $64.15. :mad:

Fedex surcharges for over 48" is now $22+. They have delayed shipment by weeks and lost many as well. They were my primary shipper for decades -- no more

Good thread. I for one didn‘t know about any of these surcharges. Thanks, guys.

Back