VA season still going strong!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bomtek44

Reaction score
Wednesday morning, 11-10-10, found me overlooking a frosty grown over broom sage field. I had watched a few bucks chasing does the first few hours the morning before, so went back for a continuation of the show....it started early. At 0624 the first buck cruised across the sage at 123 yards....not big enough. At 0640 another deer drifted through the sage with head down. Stopped near the fence and raised its head....good enough.

The 200 grain Shockwave took its 123 yard journey, the smoke cleared and Scotty has beamed the buck up. I walked out to the small pine he was standing near and there was heavy blood and signs of a pass through. A short journey and there he was. He was a blockier bodied deer than the10-30-10 buck, and he has a good eight point rack.

Now a week of midnight shift for a poor daytime sleeper, and I can take my 19 year old college freshman out for the second weekend of rifle season. Those are always my best days afield.

DSC02945.jpg

DSC02943.jpg

Thanks and I hope everyone is enjoying the beautiful days God has given us to spend afield.

bomtek44

toytruck,

Grew up in Tazewell County. Live in Salem and hunt in Roanoke and Bedford Counties.

bomtek44

Latest posts

Back