Value

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich Roberts

Reaction score
I have a SG series White Lightning .504 Cal and would like some feedback on the value. Silver barrel and wood stock. It has scope mounts but no scope. Any feedback is appreciated.

As is the case with most any firearm, condition is important consideration in determining value. What kind of shape is it in?

Around $350 in excellent condition. Lightnings aren't as popular as Super 91's or M97's so they usually go for much less . They also usually require a few precautions such as reinforcing the wrist area , etc.

Stick around, Join in the forum. Maybe after you get 25 posts you could post it in classifieds. Once we see you around, you get a bit more trust. This way, you'll probably get a response faster than some new guy who looks like he is just trying to circumvent the rules.

I know people say they are one of the less desirable Whites but I love mine and it's a fantastic shooter.

Thanks for the info squeeze. I thought this is the right place to find out about it and appreciate the feedback.

03mossy said:
I know people say they are one of the less desirable Whites but I love mine and it's a fantastic shooter.

They only made the Lightning in 1994, so there are not a lot of them out there. They are a one piece barreled action, unlike the Whitetail, which is two pieces.

They were/are great shooters.

Here are some pictures

Attachments

• Black Powder Gun 1.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 616
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 614
This post by Rich is seeking information regarding value and should not be used a a posting for selling this rifle. Rich needs 21 more posts in order to list a rifle in the Classifieds so any offers or PMs offering to buy this rifle will be deleted. Sorry Rich but this is our forum policy. I am not insinuating that that is why you have posted this but only wanting information in order to sell it somewhere else. Or, you could increase your post count to 25 and then list it in the Classified section. Thanks

Squeeze said:
Hop around, get your post count up! (couple words here and there...) That's tempting :poke:

I would prefer legitimate posts rather than "a couple words here and there." No offense Squeeze

Rich Roberts said:
Walnut or some kind of wood
Maple maybe, stained dark, but what I'm getting at it doesn't appear to be Myrtle. I personally don't know what a Myrtle wood stock looks like without the black paint job Doc put on them. To be sure you could contact doc an ask him. The Myrtle stocks have a history of breaking in the grip area. I have one on my Thunder shotgun, so far no problems, and I have a laminate Tominator stock for it if one happens later.

If the gun was mine I wouldn't let it go for less than $350 because of the stock (if its not Myrtle wood), that's a big plus!

Back