Very impressed with this powder...........

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hawgslayer1

Reaction score
:D :x

Yesterday was a good day as well as a bad day for me at the range. I was scheduled to work at the range as range officer at the ML'er range and I wanted to try out Old Enysford powder. Usually this early into the year the ML'er range isn't so busy in the early mornings so I brought along my .58 cal. Everything was going along really great and right after the 5th shot the scouts showed up. Range opened at nine and at 0930 the boys in the brown shirts showed up, almost 40 of those kids ranging from 11 to 17. There went my shooting. :evil: :twisted: 
Anyway it was a beautiful day in the low 70's. Light wind from my left to right and a big bright blue sky. I had every intention of comparing OE 2F with Goex 2F. That was not to be so as soon as I can I will do that comparison of the 2 powders with equal charges and distances with the same .570 ball, Jonathan's lube, .015, .018 and if I can get a .020 down the barrel I'll try that also with CCI mag caps.
Here's my 5 shots from yesterday. 
1st shot hit 12 o'clock in the nine. 2nd shot hit to the left of the bull at 9 o'clock and the last 3 shots were right where I wanted them. The only thing I could think happened with those 2 first shots was me being a little anxious or maybe a clean gun. Reason I mentioned that is, I didn't change anything after the 2nd shot.
I was very impressed with OE 2F and will shoot up my Goex and buy OE from now on. All shots were from the 50 yard benches and my charge was 70 grains.
MAY21_zpszjtdfwut.jpg

Ray............. :thumbs up:

Cant argue with that! Just took a couple shots to warm up. I think thats the best group ive seen you shoot with that rifle yet. I bet that brings a lot more confidence come hunting season!

That sounds like a very nice morning! 

Nice shooting, btw. It take it you liked the powder?

Were the Scouts there for Black Powder?

:thumbs up:
Thanks Jonathan. I think your right. That could be the best yet. I really like that powder. Next week end I'm working again and if I can I am going to do my comparison test if I can and raise the charge to 90 grains and see where I'm at.

Kentucky Colonel, Powder is pretty good and I will continue to use it. Sorry to say, the scouts were there for fun with 22's. A few of them were shooting for their merit badges.

Ray............. :Salute:

Latest posts

Back