Virginia early MLer season

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey from one VA. deer hunter to another, that is a nice deer,not having much luck here in Washington Co. Va. Did I say that was a nice Va. Buck. Great story and great looking rifle. :yeah:

Don't need a permit for elk in VA or did that change with the release of the latest "herd"?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

guitarpicva said:
Don't need a permit for elk in VA or did that change with the release of the latest "herd"?

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Elk

Elk of either sex, antlered or antlerless, may be taken during any open deer season using weapons legal for deer during that season, except that elk season is closed in the counties of Buchanan, Dickenson, and Wise.
The taking of an elk counts toward the hunter's daily and license year bag limit for deer.
Licenses, tag validation, and checking requirements for elk are the same as for deer.
It is unlawful to destroy the identity (sex) of any harvested elk until checked. Elk may be dismembered to pack it out from the place of kill. The identity of the sex and all parts of the carcass must be present when the elk is checked.

Back