Virginia is getting bad

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lived in Maryland and now live in Delaware both heavy blue states I am afraid as soon as they find out about Virginia it will be just a matter of time Darn Democrats
EXACTLY.......THEY GOTTA BE STOPPED !!!! AMERICA ISNT AMERICA ANYMORE WITH THESE COMMIES IN POWER !!!!

The link i posted above was about “Rendered Bear Fat” Your Reply had NOTHING to do with “Rendered Bear Fat” YOU felt compelled to Throw your opinion in on Hound Hunting

Here is your VERY FIRST Post in that Thread

And ironically you pull the EXACT same thing here in this Thread, This is why Hatchet Jack Above, asked you “What does Senate Bill 64 Have to do with Deer hounds on your Property?”

And I answered him just as I have answered you. There is no irony in me posting this here, as the discussion here dealt with legislation in Virginia, and I simply brought this up.

I know there is a poop storm coming here in Virginia, and I am not looking forward to it. For the record, I voted straight red. Some of you talk of Virginia, but I was born, raised, and live here. My family has been here since before the Civil War. I feel the effects of all the legislation passed here, right or wrong. When I left active duty service, my brigade commander asked me what I would like for my parting gift. All I asked for was the Virginia flag that was mounted in the brigade headquarters hallway, so I could take it back home to my Commonwealth. He begrudgingly presented it to me at my farewell, and it now is here at home with me, where it belongs.

I see it and I live it, and I, too, am beyond concerned. I understand just as well as you all do that this past election is likely going to hurt my Commonwealth more than help it. What I will not support, however is supporting those who do this in violation of my rights, wherever they are. Some of you speak of patriotism, but you ask other hunters to blindly support those in our ranks who conduct themselves unethically, illegally and immorally. The landowner is expected to allow it to happen, while subverting his rights to those of the "hunters." This is one of the true sources of the division here. That is a no go at this station. In this situation, the divisive one is not me.

The divisiveness on this topic here is also not rooted in my general dislike of hunting deer with hounds; the divisiveness here is rooted in an overt and continued disregard of landowner rights, which by the way, are far more fundamental than the rights of those wishing to use hounds for hunting. If you can't or won't see that, then I would respectfully ask you to research the topic for yourself.

Finally, for those of you who hunt any game with hounds in a legal, moral and ethical manner, with respect to the landowner's rights, you know who you are, and I will support you as long as there is breath in my body. If you are not, then you can count on me taking your dogs to the pound.

Last edited:
Yeah, I see before long most counties in VA will be ‘sanctuary’ as far as laws that infringe on gun ownership. It may not be ideal, but it’s one way to fight back, can’t all leave & capitulate.

phenix,
I empathize and sympathize with the hounds coming across your private property. Coincidently I used to be in a lease in southern Virginia a little bit south of Lynchburg. We had more than one of our deer hunts ruined by bear hounds coming across our property uninvited and with out permission ruining our hunts. You should probably start another thread about it rather than injecting it into a thread threatening our 2nd Amendment rights. I understand they are both involved in Virginia but they are apple and oranges apart.

Last edited:
phenix,
I empathize and sympathize with the hounds coming across your private property. Coincidently I used to be in a lease in southern Virginia a little bit south of Lynchburg. We had more than one of our deer hunts ruined by bear hounds coming across our property uninvited and with out permission ruining our hunts. You should probably start another thread about it rather than injecting it into a thread threatening our 2nd Amendment rights. I understand they are both involved in Virginia but they are apple and oranges apart.
Thank you Hatchet Jack , well said . Far better than i did.....
The big issue at hand , The 2nd , empassioned me beyond my ability to speak fluently or concisely . Theres not much else we have to stand free with when push comes to shove . How sad to see it , treason , develop over decades upon our own soil.........

Phenix i too empathize for folks like you . To call those guys hunters, while they drink roadside and bully people is wrong . They are low life slobs , not hunters . Just wanted to clear that point up .

Last edited:
Back