Vortex dead hold bdc

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1 raggedhole

Reaction score
Looking at the new vortex diamomdback hp 3-12×42 for my new accura pr. Anyone have experience with the dead hold bdc? Does it work good for a ML? If so what load and powder, and how did it work out for the yardage on the bdc?

I have Nikon's with BDC holds, I like them and both my son and I have shot deer at 300+ yds with them. I use Nikon's Spot-On program to generate tables that I carry in the field, I also have snap-shots on my phone to reference. I tape these two tables together front and back. I like the circles, some do not. The load I used for this table is for a smokeless muzzleloader so the MV of 2650 fps is not a misprint. I also have BDC scopes on all the black powder muzzleloaders, the BDC works well for those too. You can shoot any load you want, you just have to use the right numbers in a program of your choice to get the correct numbers for the scope.

nzlq0iX.jpg

D19JZ2z.jpg

Nikon has good information about different loads and really makes nice scopes but i just dont know about the circles on the BDC reticle.

Latest posts

Back