Walmart close out

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GLenn

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
I dropped by the local store this week and they had a few Muzzys on YE close out, Traditions and CVA's. They had two CVA Optimas. One was a brown nitride model LR with thumb hole stock in veil camo and the other was the regular Optma in stainless with real tree pattern. They also had a Wolf in Black and Stanless. The wolf I think was like 225$. I was interested in the Brown LR model.

I was only interested because my 9 year old grandson killed his first deer with my CVA Accura V2 about a month ago so I've decided to give him that rifle so he will have the gun he got his first deer with. But that would create a problem for me!!😂 Thus my interest in a new purchase.

After the discovery of the close outs I did a little more research that night and then returned the next day to make the purchase. Well, the Brown Optima LR was gone and I knew I had missed the boat!! I took another quick glance at the rack and decided to settle for the regular Optima. I got the guy behind the counter to let me take a closer look so he unlocked the rack. I then mentioned that I was really interested in the other one that was there yesterday. I was surprised when he said, "I think I have some in the back". Well he checked the inventory and they had three in the back room. Now they only have two!!

The Brown Nitride Optima LR in Veil camo was priced at 318$. And this included the Konus scope already mounted. I will probably replace the scope with something better in 4-12X. The regular Optima in Realtree was around 350$ I think.

I tried to check the "Brickseek" inventory tool but could not make that work. I would rather have had the Accura V2 MR but ok with what I purchased.

You may want to check your local Walmart if you are in the market for a new toy.

Our Walmart no longer sells guns... and rarely ammo. I miss those types of closeouts.
Heck they don't carry anything firearms related near us and added instant Facial Recognition cameras at each door. Felons, thieves and honest folks with a CHL might want to think twice before that next trip to "Woke Wally".

I dropped by the local store this week and they had a few Muzzys on YE close out, Traditions and CVA's. They had two CVA Optimas. One was a brown nitride model LR with thumb hole stock in veil camo and the other was the regular Optma in stainless with real tree pattern. They also had a Wolf in Black and Stanless. The wolf I think was like 225$. I was interested in the Brown LR model.

I was only interested because my 9 year old grandson killed his first deer with my CVA Accura V2 about a month ago so I've decided to give him that rifle so he will have the gun he got his first deer with. But that would create a problem for me!!😂 Thus my interest in a new purchase.

After the discovery of the close outs I did a little more research that night and then returned the next day to make the purchase. Well, the Brown Optima LR was gone and I knew I had missed the boat!! I took another quick glance at the rack and decided to settle for the regular Optima. I got the guy behind the counter to let me take a closer look so he unlocked the rack. I then mentioned that I was really interested in the other one that was there yesterday. I was surprised when he said, "I think I have some in the back". Well he checked the inventory and they had three in the back room. Now they only have two!!

The Brown Nitride Optima LR in Veil camo was priced at 318$. And this included the Konus scope already mounted. I will probably replace the scope with something better in 4-12X. The regular Optima in Realtree was around 350$ I think.

I tried to check the "Brickseek" inventory tool but could not make that work. I would rather have had the Accura V2 MR but ok with what I purchased.

You may want to check your local Walmart if you are in the market for a new toy.
Great deal on the Optima Lr! I'm going to be checking my local Walmart in the morning! If they have this deal I'm going to be blaming you for my new muzzleloader!🤣

A few yrs ago the The Walmart close to me redid the whole store. And when they were done there was this big gun cabinet with glass and everything was done except they never got any guns. So I asked a couple times , probably over a year period , if they were ever gonna get any guns? Of course the people working in there didn’t have any more answers than I did. then I went in one time and everything including that gun cabinet was gone. And now most everything related to hunting and guns is gone.

our wally still has some guns but i didn't look at them . they have lots of 777 pellets and white hot pellets and powerbelt bullets and accessories , but no blackhorn .

Back