Walmart close out

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the NEW Mr-x in 45 cal. Have not seen the issues others are having. I have not papered out past 100 yrds but I am shooting 3/4 or better at 100 yrds with mine. Currently using SWBP at 80 grns volume with a SST 200 grn and Harvester blue sabot. Loads stiff and I am breaking 8 inch ceramic tiles at 200+ yrds. Plenty good for my area. I will say though I can do that with my Optima v2 as well just not as consistent so I may have wasted my money.

Walmart is closing out a lot of their ML stuff this time of year. I got 120 Traditions sabots for less than $25 yesterday. They were like 75% off, The price was so low I had to check with an employee before I filled my cart up.

They were sold out, but some of the Powerbelts were marked at $4 a pack, they had $25 gun cases for ~$10, and I got two $40 hunting bags for $10 each.

LAUDY,

I took the risk on two of the 45's one in mossy oak and the other in stone grey/rockslide. Both fit/finish and barrels look good with no chatter marks, misaligned parts, etc. I have not shot them and won't be able to until March or later. From what I've read on this forum and a few others the main issues are the fore arm not lining up properly and over-sized bores not enabling the use of off the shelf bullets for bore riiding. The bores seem to be made to ise the ELR powerbelt. My intent is to use them with sabots and maybe try the .453 STB from Fury. I don't anticipate any issues.

I would also take the risk on a 50 cal if the prices dropped to the 400 to 430 range like they are on the 45's.

John

i seem to be the only one here that got a bad 50 mrx barrel . the other folks here seem to be getting theirs to shoot , but i never shot the one i had . and some folks are happy with their 45's . i'll suggest calling your business of choice to place a order , mentioning some of the ..... occasional ..... issues and asking about their return policy if shuch an issue arrises .

I hit 4 Walmart's today in my area. They had some stuff, Hodgdon Star fire pellets and Fed BORELOCK trophy copper and some power-belts and the Allen style accessories. But nothing marked down. Well some but like 10% off. The rifles were gone and asked the manager if they had a clearance on the rifles. He said nope just took whatever did not sell and put them in the back stockroom as Overstock for next year. Asked about any loose powder he said nope all sold for what the price was. So I am SOL in my area fellas. I don't need ten tubes of bore butter. hahaha

LAUDY,

I took the risk on two of the 45's one in mossy oak and the other in stone grey/rockslide. Both fit/finish and barrels look good with no chatter marks, misaligned parts, etc. I have not shot them and won't be able to until March or later. From what I've read on this forum and a few others the main issues are the fore arm not lining up properly and over-sized bores not enabling the use of off the shelf bullets for bore riiding. The bores seem to be made to ise the ELR powerbelt. My intent is to use them with sabots and maybe try the .453 STB from Fury. I don't anticipate any issues.

I would also take the risk on a 50 cal if the prices dropped to the 400 to 430 range like they are on the 45's.

John
That makes me feel better. I have ton of .45 cal bullets I wonder if I sized them to my bore and tired that or even put a felt wad behind them. IDK just hoping for some other solutions without breaking the bank. I am getting good results with the XTP 155 grn and SST in 200grn those are not expensive if you buy in bulk so I should stop my *****'en. How many different bullets does a guy need right????

Walmart is closing out a lot of their ML stuff this time of year. I got 120 Traditions sabots for less than $25 yesterday. They were like 75% off, The price was so low I had to check with an employee before I filled my cart up.

They were sold out, but some of the Powerbelts were marked at $4 a pack, they had $25 gun cases for ~$10, and I got two $40 hunting bags for $10 each.
My local Walmart does not have markdowns that good. The Powerbelts and Borlocks are marked down to $14 a pack. The Traditions Vortek Strikerfire is marked down to $298.

A few yrs ago the The Walmart close to me redid the whole store. And when they were done there was this big gun cabinet with glass and everything was done except they never got any guns. So I asked a couple times , probably over a year period , if they were ever gonna get any guns? Of course the people working in there didn’t have any more answers than I did. then I went in one time and everything including that gun cabinet was gone. And now most everything related to hunting and guns is gone.
Pretty much my experience as well. Ours still have some cartridge and shotshell ammo but not much. Nothing for muzzleloaders whatsoever.

Just need to buckle down and get to shooting. Cant let her think she’s right about that.

No kidding. And find your own space phalanx. I built a room in the garage where I process my deer, make my sausage, build tackle and work on and clean my guns. The room has a door. And a lock. I don't bother her while she's quilting and she does not knock on that door unless it is something urgent.

Lol, Mr. Tom. My dad did the same thing! I use the basement for my cave. Deer processing is done, along with shooting, at my property which is 150 miles south of me about 20 miles from the NC border.
Plans are Oct 6th to head down there for 3 months after I retire to bowhunt, BP hunt and firearms season. Return for Thanksgiving and Christmas and after the end of the season in January. Hopefully I'll have a home to return to!

Latest posts

Back