Warne QD problems

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elkstalkr

Reaction score
Any of you ever had problems with the Warne QD mounts?

Mine won't seem to hold a zero (or anywhere near it) when I take my scope off and put it back on. It will barely hit an 8 inch target at 100 yards after detaching and reattaching.

Today it was WAY off, by like a foot.

Any thoughts? I am REALLY dissappointed in them.

Its a Nikon Buckmasters.

Haven't had any problems with it. Only seems to happen after I remove my scope and put it back on.

A couple things. Do you have any play in the mounts? By that I mean can you move the scope backwards and forwards with the rings on the bases and the lugs in the slots? Also is it hard to get your scope just right? If you have a hard time getting the rings locked in you might have a bent tube or your scope base holes aren't exactly right. Another thing you might check is that you tightened the rings down after remount. Sounds silly but I've gone shooting with only 1 ring snugged down. I usually catch it pretty quick though.

I've been using them for a while and have yet to see the POI move more than an inch or so. Most times I can't tell I removed it.

I use 7 pairs of these and have not had any problems like this.

I assume you are putting the QD levers in the same position everytime. (Same Torque)

Did you loctite the bases down to the barrel? Is there any movement in them?

I installed a pair on my Tar-hunt and sighted the gun in. I had the scope off for about 2 months, then placed it back on. My first shot after placing the scope back on the gun was a 100yd bulls eye....In fact until I read this discussion I had actually forgot I had the scope off the gun before my last range session!

Actually, WRM's post brings up a good question: Are you loosening any action screws or other items between range sessions? Particularly if this is a Savage, are you loosening the rear action screw to remove your bolt/breech plug?

I have the Warne QD mounts but have never noticed a problem. I don't remove the scope that often, but I certainly haven't moved anywhere near the edge of the target when I have removed it.

Hope you get it figured out. :(

Have had this happen before.Problem;scope tube torqued in rings.Cure;take everything down and reassemble making sure to retighten all screws evenly.Use loctite.

I use Warne on about all my rifles and muzzleloaders, I've NEVER had a problem with any of them. One other note I don't use Loctite either, again zero problems.

On the Tar-Hunt,

1). I removed scope, action screws, and trigger group

2). I used Loctite

3). Still no problems.... :lol:

Latest posts

Back