WARNING - Traditions Nipple REPLACEMENT Safety Warning

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
WARNING!
Just a heads up guys, But after aprox 400 shots through my Traditions St.Louis Hawken Kit gun, the factory nipple gave up.
<div align="center">
img_7410.jpg

The nipple pictured is actually from a Traditions Hawken Woodsman I had.

This is the second experience I've had where the factory supplied nipple, split in half at the forward section.

This is something you need to watch out for! If this happens, Let Traditions know and they will most likely send you a new Stainless steel nipple replacement.

This is not a flaw in the material, but wear from the heavy duty main springs they use in their locks. Rather than bulging the nipple, the heavy spring ends up cracking the nipple and peeling it forward.

Also remember, this happened on both rifles after hundreds of shots were put through the rifles. Dry firing your muzzle loader also speeds up this process.

If you are shooting a Traditions sidelock with the factory supplied nipple, It is best to replace it with a stronger stainless steel nipple as soon as possible.

Nipples that I recommend are as followed, Knight Redhot, Hotshot, Spitfire, CVA perfect nipple and the Traditions stainless steel nipples.

Replacement nipple size will be M6x1 or 6-1m depending where you buy it. These are the same nipples, just different labeling from one company to the next.</div>

Latest posts

Back