What Do You Recommend For A New Bow String

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My son is going to get a new string for his bow. He has had it a few years but hasn't really shot it much until last year. Some of the servings are coming undone and the string is starting to fray a little. I am new to bow hunting and would like your opinion on what would be a premium bow string. I don't mind spending extra money on a good string. We both love bow hunting and want to do it right.

I just my bow restrung and it is the first time I have done it. I did a little research and for the money it sounded like Vaportrail Strings are really good. That is what I had mine restrung with and so far so good. Good quality and hasn't stretched after the intial few shots to break the string in. This allowed me to go with a tubeless peep. I got them from here.

www.meanvarchery.com/

Winner's Choice bow strings come highly recommended. My understanding is that they have little to no creep. When I have my Mathews bows restrung that is the string I'm going to use. I've had trouble with the serving coming undone on the Mathews string. I don't mind paying extra money on a higher quality string. Keeping your string waxed will help with the fraying.

Stone Mountain strings came on my new 2010 Rytera Nemesis and I like them alot.

Back