What fps variation could I expect on the chrony with the same charge?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok enough jokeing
Grainger has a chinese mechanical model force gage to 100lb for $175 . EVERYTHING else is very high dollar . They claim 1% deviation (like that word) but can it be trusted ??? Still its all relavant data for the user anyhow . Sure beats 700+ on up . Figured id give a heads up on this one . Beats guessing !!! What do you think ???
If I looked at the same one, it only registers to 45#??? https://www.grainger.com/product/SHIMPO-Mechanical-Force-Gauge-45AE72

All joking aside, I'll just lean on the rod harder with my 245 pounds. Way cheaper way to go.

Last edited:
Yep thats it !!! What do ya think ???

I got a 45 in my future i think w blackhorn and bare bullets......a lite one (hint) Maybe a brake too....

Been watchinv GM54--120 , YOU ,Busta ,sabotloader and a few others . Ya been corruptin my deviant mind !!!!

Thats my story and im.stickin too it !!!

It should work for your future intentions.
Sorry about the corruption...…..

It should work for your future intentions.
Sorry about the corruption...…..
Lol , tbats ok !!!! Ya knida reach a point where you say thats enough goofin around . Dont want the cost or weight of smokeless . So....a UL it may.well be , at leazt close to it .

Thats a really fancy gaget you got there ...
Where did you find that gem ???

I bought the Chatllon force gauge off eBay years ago for a song. I have a ramrod with a Spin-Jag on the bottom and a section of round nylon rod on top threaded to fit the gauge. Screwing in the side tubes helps with applying force. I can push or pull with it.

DSCN2105.JPG

Back