What has changed on ML-II since 2001

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

encoreguy

Reaction score
What changes have been made to the ML-II (besides the accutrigger) since the release of the ML-II? Are breechplugs, inside bore diameters, manufacturing processes etc. the same as the ones sold during the pre-accutrigger models?

encoreguy said:
Are breechplugs, inside bore diameters, manufacturing processes etc. the same as the ones sold during the pre-accutrigger models?

Yes. The tang safety was changed along with the AT, just as it was in Savage centerfires.

The 10ML-II was not released in 2001-- the first year was the "type I" 10ML, which used steel primer modules as opposed to the patented 1/2 moon 209 holder that is integral with the bolt.

One other change was making the reciever round on the front and the rear instead of flat and round. This required two different types of bases. Much simpler to buy bases for now. :wink:

encoreguy said:
inside bore diameters

Makes me wonder if that hasn't changed because I've read about guys that couldn't get Barnes Spitfires to shoot in their older Savages because the fit was too loose without "knurling" or some other off the wall tactic. But along comes my 10ML-II last summer and the exact Barnes Spitfires that I had read were too loose of a fit in the Savage were almost impossible to seat in my gun even on a clean barrel. I'm tellin' ya, a full grown gorilla would get a hernia seating those things in my gun, although the few I did get down did shoot well! Anyway, Savage has either tightened up the tolerances on their barrels OR the sabot has changed OR the bullet diameter has changed. Gotta be one or a combination of the three! :think:

I can PROMISE you bore diameter HAS changed. HB #69 is noticeably easier to seat ANY bullet than are my last three 10ML-IIs... Grouses HB is the same way..both make around the same time...

My pre accutrigger's bore with the QLA is noticably easier to load than the newer accutrigger-a slight bore difference maybe? accuraccy is about the same though- Rick

Latest posts

Back