What mounts and rings for the Knight Elite .45 & Leupold

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busta

Reaction score
What mounts and rings are you guys using to mount your 3-9x40 scopes? I have the 3-9x40 Leupold Ultimate Slam SABR, and the mounts I have on hand are WAY too high. I have the Weaver Grand Slam S45 bases and Warne Maxima Medium QD rings. The bell of the scope would be a mile off the barrel with these.

Just looking for some ideas that would bring the scope a lot closer to the barrel. Some short Warne rings would close up some of the distance, but I would need some low Warne Bases or Leupold to go with it I think.

I really like the Leupold QR bases on my Disc Extreme, but They are both the front bases from two sets of White "G" Series bases and those are no longer available. Just found some for the Rem 541, kinda expensive, but they will be the same thing.

Just let me know what you guys are using, I need some ideas. Pics would be a plus.

Thanks!

The Warne bases for the Knight are about 1/4" lower than the Weavers.The Warnes do not have that "step-up" on them like the Weavers do.The Warnes are low profile,with them you can actually leave them installed on the gun and still be able to see and use the factory sights.I think you would be very happy with the Warne Med Rings with the Warne Maxima Bases.Hope this helps. ----------- Rich

I use the Leupold QR Bases with QR Low Rings with a VX-III 3.5-10 x 40mm. You will run out of verticle scope adjustment using the QR Medium Rings. The bases are the same as the Remington 541 as you stated. I have been using them for 7 years now without any issues. I am also using them now on a couple of my Remington 700 Predator Calling Rifles.

I like my leupold QR rings on my elite .50 cal.
Some will tell you they dont work correctly but I havent had any problem. They are not the 100% exact contour of the barrel and there is an ever so slight gap beteen the barrel and the center of the base of the ring base. I installed them super tight and used thread locker and havent had any problems out of them. If I were to do it all over again I would use them with out a hesitation if I couldnt find the warn base and rings but warn would be my first choice.

BTW I just talked with hubbard and he said he thinks he found a way to use a carrier less 209 setup for the NEF rifles. He said he was going to work on it when things settle down and he gets a chance.

NewDiscElite002.jpg

prostreetcamaro said:
BTW I just talked with hubbard and he said he thinks he found a way to use a carrier less 209 setup for the NEF rifles. He said he was going to work on it when things settle down and he gets a chance.

Ben told me that over 5 years ago too. I finally got one this year, then he said he wasn't making any more, then I heard he did. I am not sure he knows what he wants to do.

prostreetcamaro said:

I have those on my Extreme too and really like them. What size is that scope , 32 or 40? Are those low rings or mediums, looks like mediums? I'm sure I could get away with lows, maybe even super lows, but I better not push my luck. Have to have bolt clearance?

Thanks guys.

The rings i'm using are medium. Makes it easier putting the jacket in for me. Maybe i'll give the new metal a try on the .45cal. Thanks for the info.

I too like the leupy rings, but I choose the PRW in low with Warne bases.
The PRW's have cleaner lines without the thumb toggles and the Torx wrench is just as easy to use when I need to remove the scope.

Busta said:
prostreetcamaro said:

Ben told me that over 5 years ago too. I finally got one this year, then he said he wasn't making any more, then I heard he did. I am not sure he knows what he wants to do.

prostreetcamaro said:

I have those on my Extreme too and really like them. What size is that scope , 32 or 40? Are those low rings or mediums, looks like mediums? I'm sure I could get away with lows, maybe even super lows, but I better not push my luck. Have to have bolt clearance?

Thanks guys.

It is a 32mm scope. I think they are medium rings but I dont remember to be honest.

Thanks guys. I think I will go with the Leupold QR bases and low rings for my Knight Elite, they work great on my Extreme and they look good too. I also have these on my White M-98 Elite with 3-9x40 in medium rings with room to spare. I will probably use the Warne Medium QD's on my H&R Sidekick as soon as I figure out what scope to put on it, maybe another Leupy US.

Thanks again for all the responses.

Latest posts

Back