New to me TC Omega

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s finger tight, and with the Omega being a closed breech that should be enough. i talked to several Omega owners on another group and they all suggested that with the stainless, to only finger tighten it.
I’d be worried about flame cutting on the sealing surface if it isn’t snug. That’s how I’ve run all mine on Omegas for years - no issues. But, try it and let us know.

One or the other, not both
On my Omega, I have always used a small amount of grease along with basic white Teflon tape on the breech plug (grease on after I wrap the plug). It glides in and I've never had a seizure, and cleanup is pretty easy. I shoot with BH209 exclusively. Is there a reason I should not use a bit of grease?

On my Omega, I have always used a small amount of grease along with basic white Teflon tape on the breech plug (grease on after I wrap the plug). It glides in and I've never had a seizure, and cleanup is pretty easy. I shoot with BH209 exclusively. Is there a reason I should not use a bit of grease?
Under the pretense of “ want vs necessity “ and “ practical application “ either or does what’s needed, without the need for the other. That was my point. Not saying that you’re doing anything “ wrong “ per se. I used anti seize for yrs on my BP’s. Then I switched to a tiny schmear of marine bearing grease. The mess from both aren’t fun. For a far more practical application, a wrap of teflon tape alone serves the purpose without the mess. There is no need to add the mess to an application that is successfully doing away with the mess. The only BP that I do not use teflon tape on is the quick remove BP in my Accura bc with the tape it makes it too hard to remove by hand. So I still use a tiny schmear of marine bearing grease on that. Hopefully this is a little more clear & insightful for you.

I got it from Amazon. It was listed as 1” medium. It actually came with the TC logo on it. Apparently NOS branded. I don’t have the package in front of me so I don’t know the part number.

Do you have the link for that TC branded mount? ... Would like to grab one up for my X7.

I recently traded my old compound bow (I bought a new one) for a stainless TC Omega .50cal with laminated stock...........

I am going to eventually have some one either checker the forend or laser engrave it for grip as it’s quite slick as is. .......

Charlie: Go back to 11/29/23 (latest post on an old thread) and check out the latest update to my old post on adding "Deer Tracks" to a slick Omega laminated stock -- very easy to do, costs nothing but a few hours time, gives you a nice area to grip -- and looks great too!

Cheers.

Old No7

Charlie: Go back to 11/29/23 (latest post on an old thread) and check out the latest update to my old post on adding "Deer Tracks" to a slick Omega laminated stock -- very easy to do, costs nothing but a few hours time, gives you a nice area to grip -- and looks great too!

Cheers.

Old No7

Looks GREAT! ... 👍

1703192575691.png

I have the exact same Omega along with a camo Triumph for my inlines. I won the Omega at a raffle. Both have Nikon 3X9 scopes with DNZ one piece mounts on them. Both are good shooters. I like that deer tracks on that stock I'm gonna give it a try. Good luck with your Omega a great simple design.

Last edited:
I have the exact same Omega along with a camo Triumph for my inlines. I won the Omega at a raffle. Both have Nikon 3X9 scopes with DNZ one piece mounts on them. Both are good shooters. I like that deer tracks on that stock I'm gonna give it a try. Good luck with your Omega a great simple design.
Thanks. I haven’t killed a deer with it yet but I’m trying. Already love the gun. I’m going to have to do the deer tracks as well. That’s a great idea.

Back