What rings for 50 cal disc elite?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WTF I just placed an order with SWFA for the warne base and rings and they just sent me an email that they are backordered. So now I have rings that dont work that need to be sent back AND the correct rings and base are on backorder. Anybody know where I can get the warne base and rings that actually has them in stock? I want to get this thing sighted in and work up a load before the season comes in in a couple weeks.

Hey man, if you don't want the bases that I included on your Elite can you mail them back to me? I might get the urge to buy another Knight some day.

actually Chuck, I was really hoping that that link you posted was some sort of exception to the m826's being out of stock. it says that they are discontinued by the manufacturer. i dont know if thats true or if theyre just backordered. i have some of those s45 weaver's, and if there's no other choice i guess thats what i will have to live with. be aware that s45's and warne low rings are still as high or higher than warne mounts w/ warne medium rings. that really sux about the m826's, i need some for this little wolverine that i have yet to shoot ...

Nimrodder said:
Hey man, if you don't want the bases that I included on your Elite can you mail them back to me? I might get the urge to buy another Knight some day.

Sure if I end up not useing them I will gladly mail them back to you. What bases are they?

And thanks for all the help guys I really appreciate it!

Patrick the scope is a bushnell dusk to dawn with 40mm objective fixed power.

Go low then. The mediums have enough clearance on a 44 MM objective and super low bases where the rings almost tough the barrel. With higher bases the lows should work just fine.

Sorry, UC. The only QR mounts I've used are the Leupold QR and the Warnes. I've used a variety of fixed mounts though.

Now I am confused. Got the gun today and went ahead and tried the leupold base and rings and the base seems to fit fine and tight. I noticed a slight gap so i looked at my other guns and they to have a slight gap with different bases. Is that bad? I have never had a problem before with my other guns?

How much is a slight gap? Mine was over 1/16" in the center of the base. It should fit snug to the barrel.

Patrick White said:
How much is a slight gap? Mine was over 1/16" in the center of the base. It should fit snug to the barrel.

I will have to try and measure it. Whats the best way to measure something like that?

NewDiscElite002.jpg

I just put a pair of the Leupold bases and rings on a new master hunter and there is no gap at all. Maybe the people who had problems received bad bases. I have weaver 45s on my other knight and think the Leupolds fit better.

lawson said:
I just put a pair of the Leupold bases and rings on a new master hunter and there is no gap at all. Maybe the people who had problems received bad bases. I have weaver 45s on my other knight and think the Leupolds fit better.

Or Leupold changed it eventually. I got mine in 2002 so that's possible.

Latest posts

Back