What Scale to ID Bullet Weights???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LFM

Reaction score
Okay, I bought some of the PR QT's years ago and they all look the same yet I have a few different weights and I mixed them up and now not sure what weight they are... I was going thru my ML stuff I have collect over the years and now since I am getting ready for some sight in and testing different powder size charges to see just what my Knight will like the best. I want to be sure of just what bullet weight I am using. Since they all look the same what is a good scale to use to weight and get the bullets ID and bagged for shooting?

Since I have some of the QT 180's, 195's, 215, as well as some 250 & 300. Some Dead Centers 260 & 300. The QT have one color polymer tip and the DC have a yellow so they are sorted but the others have the same color sabot and the bullet have the same color polymer tip. I also have some Speer 270 GDSP (50 Cal to 44 Cal), Nosler Partition - HG's and some Knight Red Hot 180 grain. To also try.

I would like to know what is the best way to get the weights of these. Will a scale provide the specific weights so I can sort them out and shoot them.

What is a good Scale for this? Will it also work if I one day decide to start weighing Loose Powder? What can I expect to spend and where is a good place to get a scale from...

Sorry for all the questions just want to use these sabots/bullets to do some good tetsing...

Thanks for your time...

Mike / LFM

What is a good Scale for this? Will it also work if I one day decide to start weighing Loose Powder? What can I expect to spend and where is a good place to get a scale from...

I would suggest the RCBS Rangemaster 750 or Pact BBKII from MidwayUSA or MidSouth. Both work well for what you are wanting. Both are small enough to fit in a range box and can run on a battery.

Check this thread:

http://modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3443&highlight=rangemaster

Another alternative is a beam scale. I bought a (might as well have been new) RCBS 5-0-5 scale off of e-bay with a trickler for around $45.00. I think it was $6.00 or so to ship it. I'm guessing I can weigh up 10 loads in about 10-12 minutes, it doesn't take very long. FYI, I've quit using the trickler. I just tap the scoop till the scale sits where I want it to. When I got mine there was a bunch of them on e-bay.

Thanks Guys for that information I was not sure where I could find it but that info is great to Know...

Appreciate it...

Mike / LFM

Underclocked,

I just got that scale you post a link about... Works Great... Small and compact but does a great job of iding these bullet weights... Just got done using it and weighing all of the bullets I have...

Appreciate that Thanks...

LFM

Back