What would you use ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fxstdavew

Reaction score
Hi, I've got a TC Triumph 50 cal and I'm trying to determine what weight bullet I should use. The place I hunt has the possiblity of a 200 yrd. shots
I was considering 200gr. SW with 150gr. pyrodex. Bottom line I want something accurate and will still have enough penetration to get the job done. What do you suggest and why? Thanks Dave

These are some proven 200yd bullets. with powder charges of 110gr to 130gr of 2fg 777 loose powder. You don't need to shoot 150gr unless you like to be punished.

Barnes 250gr spitfire TMZ
Barnes 245gr Spitfire
Parker 250gr Extreme
TC 200gr & 250gr SW
Hornady 200gr & 250gr SST

Any of these will do the job !!!

I think the 200gr Shockwave would be a great choice! It accounted 2 pronghorn for me with 120gr ffg Triple Se7en. One at 196yds and 1 at 208yds... BUT...the bottom line is you have to shoot the bullet that is ACCURATE at 200yds.

Thanks for the replies I'll try the SW 200gr. and ffg 777 starting a 110gr and working up. I just ordered a nikon omega for it. I'm biting at the bit to see what I can do with this.

If you are going with the Nikon Omega (which I have on a TC Pro Hunter) then you may want to consider the 250 grain Shockwaves as well. That is the bullet weight that this scope is mainly setup for to take advantage of its BDC. Your Triumph, the Omega and newer Pro Hunter all have the 28 inch barrels which should in theory shoot about the same with the Nikon Omega's recommend 3 pellets and 250 grain bullet.

Curtis

I got the Omega with the Nikoplex. For me I think it will be more user friendly. I've been using kentucky windage for many years. I think the BDC would draw my attention away from the target. Thanks

Latest posts

Back