Whats it like by you?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RonC said:
Marty,  that Kudu was on the game reserve owned by the student's parents. Their hospitality was amazing. They put me up in their farmhouse, fed me, handed me the 1945 Lee Enfield rifle, and took me out on the reserve. The Kudu is not a trophy size or age, but was primarily meant to be meat for the workers and the local settlement.
Beautiful animals.  Here's my nephew's wall-hanger from a few years ago.
Cf3cuJo.jpg

We got from 6 to 8 inches of snow coming back down I-70 from Grand Junction CO, once going over Spanish Fork Canyon in UT it got a little dicey at the top and hairy coming out of the mouth of the canyon with 50 mile an hour winds and blowing snow. A normal drive of 4 hours was done with these conditions last night for 6 hours of eye strain. Just finished blowing off the drive and sidewalks, started at 6AM at 19 degrees finished at noon 35 degrees, that's Utah .......

My wife use to ride the Harley in couple feet of snow in Colorado but the snow was like sand.  She would ride up to Monarch.

That was in 1983  :shock:  Man that was a long time ago!

oneshot

oneshot 1 said:
That was in 1983  :shock:  Man that was a long time ago!

oneshot
Was Colorado still a Territory or had it reached Statehood by then .....  :affraid:   :rendeer:

Snowing now.  We're only to get about 4 inches.  I can hardly remember a winter so far with so little snow here in MA.

We got hammered with Snow, That’s what I’ve been doing most of this Day. Shoveling, Plowing, Roof Raking, A Little bit of everything. It is amazing how fast the Snow can pile up here

At 700' elevation we even got some snow over the weekend, but it has now all mostly melted.  Been getting to mid 40's during the day and just at or above freezing at night.  Rain/wet snow most of the day yesterday.  Everywhere out of here is up and my favorite snowmobiling area about 45 minutes from my driveway is 6000'.  I'm thinking a ride is in order this weekend, should be lots of fresh powder to play in.  With all the snow we've gotten in the last two weeks in the mountains it may be a stuck-fest kind of ride.  Should be a good base but there will be a lot of powder on top of it.

We are like Lewis we got hit too, it came from his neighborhood. We are at 5710 feet, beat being at 6100 feet when in Colorado. We raced snowmobiles as a hobby and as a professional for Arctic Cat and McCulloch when they built them for several years, sold our last one about 15 years ago. The last sled was sold to the Colorado Search & Rescue and was told it was still running. Fun but can be lots of work.

I snapped a Pic on my way over to Buffalo Arms this morning, This is a 2 mile Stretch referred to as the “Rock Cuts” by the Locals, This 2 Mile stretch freezes up like this every year, And in the Spring when it Thaws you will see BIG Chunks of this stuff in the Hwy, i have seen a TON of it fall over the last 8 years

This is just a tiny little spot of it, and nowhere near the Worst of it. This is The only place you can really pull off the Rd to take a Pic.

01d05jL.jpg

Same as in Northern Colorado and in Utah, we get really cold at times, old KC in FL wouldn't know what cold is, he would freeze his "pucker" off.  :lol!:

The normal rainfall for a year here in KY is 40-45 inches, we had 78 last year, and are ahead of the usual amount for this year! Cant hardly put out hay bales without getting stuck, and if you step off into the yard, you will sink up to your ankle. Man am I ready for about 2-3 weeks of dry weather!

skoger said:
The normal rainfall for a year here in KY is 40-45 inches, we had 78 last year, and are ahead of the usual amount for this year! Cant hardly put out hay bales without getting stuck, and if you step off into the yard, you will sink up to your ankle. Man am I ready for about 2-3 weeks of dry weather!
In Colorado its 15 inches and Utah the average is 17 inches. People move into these states from either the eastern or western part of the country and then over plant their yards. By mid summer their plantings are hurting for lack of moisture (gets very expensive replacing plantings).  You tell them to go easy as they are living in a desert zone, they don't listen and when the city tells them they are using to much water they get upset.   :No:  :Questuon:

Below zero most every night in February. Calling for a day or 2 of +20 to +30 then back down into the low teens and single digits for highs and below zero at night. February is getting old fast.

It’s Staying steady cold here, in the low to mid Teens at Night, Snow off n on. I’ll be glad to See spring, Hear the Turkey’s Start Gobbling :ttups:

It was over 90 degrees in the Kalahari Basin, about 100 miles from the Central Kalahari Desert. It is 5 miles to the border of Botswana. It felt hot with the clear skies and sun shining. At night, it becomes quite pleasant.
Now that I am back in Potchefstroom, Northwest Province, it is warm, not nearly as scorching as the Kalahari.
At the earlier part of the trip, it was rainy in Pretoria. However, the hotel room became uncomfortably warm due to "load shedding," where the power company shuts off your power for 2-4 hours while others receive theirs. Those others will have their power shut down another time. This is due to the incompetency of the managers of the power system.
I'll have some interesting stories when I return.
Ron

80 degrees at the moment. May go a tad higher.    Not bad for a sunny afternoon in central Florida.  

East of Orlando and west of Daytona beach.

Dry Powder said:
80 degrees at the moment. May go a tad higher.    Not bad for a sunny afternoon in central Florida.  

East of Orlando and west of Daytona beach.
Send about 60 degrees of that this way :ttups:

We have a nice 28 degrees at the moment, may reach low 40's by 2 PM.  We haven't been home for the last week and now have to leave again with a realtor and his client wanting to look at this house at noon, so 40 degrees would be nice.

Back