What's the difference between a Knight...

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desertbull

Reaction score
Disc Extreme

and a

Disc Elite?

Are they both good rifles or is one more desirable than the other?

Desertbull

Both are great guns, the Elite is no longer manufac. alot of guys sware by the disc Elite But I have a Disc Extreme that I would put up aginst any Elite at 100 or 150 yds any day, I get awsome ACCUR. out of this gun with a 290gr Spitfire TMZ and 95gr of 777 2fg not trying to take any thing away from anyones Elite at all I just think that the Extreme is in the same Class BUT that is just MO.

Ron G.

3 differences. The Extreme has a straight barrel while the Elite is has a tapered barrel. The Extreme has a rectangular recoil lug while the Elite is more of a 2 pronged fork that's much bigger. The fork and the tapered barrel float the barrel and make it as accurate as possible. The Elite has no sights while the Extreme does.

My elite has a thumbhole stock and is bedded, and it's very very accurate

I owned both A Disc Extreme and a Elite.The Extreme is a good rifle but the Elite is in a class of itself.I get 5/8" with three shots most of the time.What fail is the shooter.
It's like comparing a Porche and a Ferrari.Both are sport car but Ferrari is in a class of itself.
The only thing Il ove better on the Extreme is that there are regular sight while the Elite you must have a scope.
Taureau noir

desertbull

I was trying to create more contraversy on this subject for you but it did not work out,

Patrick is right about the 3 differences , and the Elite is a awsome shooting gun I do not own one but I have read alot on them and i do plan on having one at some time.

But I do own a Extreme and it is a great shooting gun I can shoot a 1" 3 or 4 shot group with it all day long at 100yds.

RON G.

The Elite came in both 50 and 45 Caliber and there was a company recently that still had them in 45 caliber. Not sure how good the 45 is but the 50 is very nice and accurate and you can get a thumbhole stock for one. I got one from Knight they just mill out the Extreme thumbhole stock to accept the lug of the Elite.

LFM

Back