Where to begin-Help with a Knight Wolverine!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceduran

Reaction score
I am just getting started in BP, and even though I've been hunting/shooting my whole life I feel totally lost with BP! Can someone suggest a good starting load for me, bearing in mind I'm in Oregon and have to use all lead bullets. What powder/bullets should I start with? Seems pretty overwhelming when you think about all the possible combos, ie bulllet, powder choice, amt of powder, etc. Anyone have a good load for the Wolverine 209, using those #11 caps (I think that's what there'ye called) instead of primers?

wolverine

Well,

The best load to start with is any 300gr bullet either sabot or not and start with 90gr pyrodex or 80gr of 777.

The wolverine is one of my favorites. Each gun is different but my wolverine likes 300gr hornadys or shockwaves with 90gr of pyrodex.

Another load that I have been working on is 100gr of 777 and 200gr shockwaves. This is an awesome load.

I dont know the laws there but if you can shoot a saboted bullet, its a good idea to.

Thanks

Thanks for the tips. Here in oregon we have to use lead only, no sabots. Also open sights, no fiber optic anything, no scopes, no primers. Pretty restrictive, like Colorado from what I hear. thanks for the tips!

Latest posts

Back