Where to order a Possibles bag from

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a leather shooting bag in the 1960s and it eventually died on me. Since that time I've been gifted two nice shoulder bags and made two more myself. It's not difficult to make them and canvas with an additional liner does just fine. The bag in front is one gifted to me. Behind it are two I made. You might enjoy making your own.
DSC00388.JPG
A powder "horn" I made from bamboo. Could work for shot but is much too heavy even half full.
DSC00387.jpg

A little belt pouch I sewed up.

Better view of the two I cobbled together.

These craftsman that sell their ideas of shooting bags have never tried them out whether in the field or woods. If you look at orignials or one's that are used most do not have fringe and those that do are for most part short (either made that way or have been caught on brush and tore off (now short).

When looking at shooting bags (pouches) keep that in mind about the fringe. Once in a while you'll see a few original 1850-60's shooting bags in museum displays that have quilled or beaded flaps that show some wear but theres no frindge.

org shooting bags (1).jpg org shooting bags (2).jpg org shooting bags (3).jpgorg shooting bags (4).jpg
pouch-access.jpg pouch-horn2.jpg
pouch-horn3.jpg misc-bags.jpg

Something to consider, wall hanger with fringe or working pouch (fringeless).

Last edited:
I thought it was apropos since I'm considered at the "fringe" by most people. :thumbs up:

Back in 1986 I started shooting with the Forest Hills Black Powder Brigade in Oregon and, having put together a CVA Mountain Rifle kit, decided I needed a shooting bag rather than carry stuff in my pockets. I couldn't find one I could afford but the man in the Portland Tandy Leather store said he had sold a number of purse kits to buckskinners. I went that route and that is what I stil use. It may not be PC, but it works well for what I do.

Latest posts

Back