which 209m primer!!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teacup

Reaction score
I have everything i need to start doing a little shoting,no one has CCI209M PRIMERS. are they that hard to find/? I HAD to wait on my shim kit for over 2wks,is there anything else that would work until i can get my cci209m? I JUST WANT TO GET THE FEEL OF THE GUN!!!!! or do i just wait till i have time off to make a drive to find them? I have the accrua v2 50cal,harvester sabot,pt260s. what would you do?

Im using Win. 209 and they work just fine, I have found that the Mag Primers build carbin in the flash channel faster than the non-magnum primers.

You can use the winchester W209 primers for now. I find the W209 primers build up a lot more carbon thats very hard, crystalized almost carbon so i bought all my cci 209m primers a couple years ago in bulk.

where did you you get them? i qwould like to lock the gun down whith what i plan on shooting if you no what imean. are those w209 hard to clean out of the barrel?

The W209 are bit hard to clean out of the breech plug, but not the barrel. I am going to buy a pin vise that will except an 1/8" drill bit. Office Depot has them for $15.00.

I THANK YOU ALL FOR THE HELP, THATS WHAT MAKES THIS SITE SOOOOO COOL!

For what it's worth, I've had great luck with the CCI mags, Fiocchi 616, WW209, Federal 209A, & Remington STS. I use the CCI's because they are readily available & I had some issues with the 616 primers getting stuck in the pocket after firing.

greg, I plan on changing to the 250grain aero lite using 100 grain triple 7 pellets. Would I use the cci 209 mag or the 209 shotgun primer?

With 777 you want the winchester w209 primer or winchester 777 primers. Only blackhorn209 requires the cci 209m primers.

Hi Jon, I got the frame back today, put rifle togather and it is perfect. Now I am awaiting the shims. Can I use the white hot propellants with the 250 aero lite? Is it a better load than the triple 7?

yeah the imr whitehots with the 250gr AL is perfect. Even 150gr IMR Whitehots was accurate as hell in my V2.

I've been shooting old (15 years) Remington primers with my ML10 II and Blackhorn 209 for almost 3 years and never had a problem with ignition.

I bought 5000 of those primers years ago when I was reloading shotgun shells and still have a bunch left. They aren't labeled 209 but they are the Remington equivalent.

shot about 15 rounds today...T/C Encore that has a bergara 45 cal barrel on her...used the CCI209M primers in a BH209 breech plug...shot the Hornady 200 gr SST...no problem with the flash channel...

Not with 15 shots, but you should clean the carbon out with a drill now. Just hand twist it.

Latest posts

Back