which bullets

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JTClark

Reaction score
which bullets

wonder which bullets that go over 300 gr and under 400 gr for hunting ?

Re: which bullets

Are you hunting elk?

You sure don't need more than a 250gr for any deer.

i have big issue with 260 gr gold pt and switch to 300 gr pt gold and get best accurate so now want to find out heavy bullet for weather condition and overkill whitetails dead drop with heavy bullets is what i want
also i shoot a heavy arrows and has greater accurate and forgive and get great pass complete on whitetails like hot butter so i believe my LDR favorite heavy bullets after i made switch from 260 to 300gr
 but want to see some bullets that i would want try over 300 gr

Hornady FTX .458 325 grain shoots well out of my gun.  I have to use the Orange MMP sabot with them. Haven't used them on deer yet but they are well within design range. Another one that is just shy of 300 are the Barnes 290 grain TMZ. I have used them on game and they work well. I know you are using the 300 grain PT golds which are also great.

JT, If you are shooting 125 yards or less with the 300 PT GOLD, it will do the job for you, If you do your part with a good shot, That will put the deer down for the count. Barnes makes some 290 gr bullets that work really well also. 
As for the weather, if you have a cross wind that you would be shooting into, the 300 would not be off target by that much to worry about.

Dave

I've been really impressed with the Barnes Spitfire T-EZ in my TC Triumph. Superb accuracy and performance on game.  Best blood trails I've seen with a muzzleloading bullet. They only have a 290 grain bullet for high weight category however the all copper construction makes up for it IMO.

Latest posts

Back