Which White

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.451's are a tougher find. I went on a buying kick this year and bought two .504's. Neither had been shoot so I paid a good bit

.451's are a tougher find. I went on a buying kick this year and bought two .504's. Neither had been shoot so I paid a good bit
Paying a premium is worth it when its new. At least you kind of know what you want. Appreciate all the responses. Kind of know what I want now to find it and not procrastinated on the purchase. Should have jumped on one of the guns Knightshooer had listed.

I think the thunderbolt would get more love had it been more available during its time ( I forgot how many doc told me he built) . Aside from being a bit on the heavy side mine is a dream . I know there are some old school horror stories of first productions , but I belive doc nailed its design. I have been looking for a .451 to be used along with my .504 but man I haven't seen one in a long time . Good luck to anyone looking for one .

Yea I pretty much took the TB off my list. Im just looking for something new to play with any the range and on my whitetail hunts. Im not looking to great the bank. I have a line on a nice condition 91 that Im just waiting on a price. I am afraid that once I get one I will lust for a second and so it goes.

Last edited:
Yea I pretty much took the TB off my list. Im just looking for something new to play with any the range and on my whitetail hunts. Im not looking to great the bank. I have a line on a nice condition 91 that Im just waiting on a price. I am afraid that once I get one I will lust for a second and so it goes.

That's affirmative on lusting for a second one.

While we're lusting, if you run across a Super 91 in .410.......well, lets just say "I know a guy looking......."

And my personal experience has been a model 98 in 451 and my latest acquisition a model 97 Whitetail hunter in 410. I don’t think you can really make a bad choice when you buy a white the only thing to consider is caliber restrictions for where you hunt. There are places that the 410 is not considered big enough. It’s plenty of gun to do the job I’m very accurate. Don’t look for a Whitetail hunter 97 in that caliber though because I believe I have the only one. But there were several other models made in that caliber. The 410 is my absolute favorite caliber but I think generally across the board it’s agreed that a 451 is the way to go. Good luck in making your choice. I hope you enjoy whichever rifle you find.

Greg

Well Im still in the hunt. Just not a lot out there and I learned you can not hesitate or you may be too late.

I located a Super 91 at .451 caliber.

Still looking for a .451 cal Thunderbolt.

rob

Actually leaning towards a .504 and then looking at a knight Ultralight for deer out east

thought i would let your guys mouths water he he he !!!!!
8YkkOj0l.jpg

Paying a premium is worth it when its new. At least you kind of know what you want. Appreciate all the responses. Kind of know what I want now to find it and not procrastinated on the purchase. Should have jumped on one of the guns Knightshooer had listed.
In all honesty I'd work something out on that 91 if someone had a really nice .451 to do some type of swap.

Back