white hots powder

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshclark

Reaction score
any thought on white hots, it look like a strong like a blackhorn but dont know about or compare both, but white hots look more hard hit and accuracy ?

White Hots is the IMR black powder substitute. IMR is owned by Hodgdon (Pyrodex and Triple 7). It performs and acts just like Triple 7. It has the same crud ring as T7 but it costs more. Blackhorn 209 it is not.

well i just ordered a cvs accura v2, well it will be my first muzzleloader and want to start find a right to fit to my plan but i dont mind what cheap or expensive but i'll just trying to get things fit to me like my archery do
but white shot pellet a white powder, but fother post i post is breech plug cvamake for BN 209

Being new to M-L'ing I would go right to loose powder. Just get a powder measure, not hard at all. Shooting loose is cheaper, you can adjust your loads however you want & loose is easier to ignite.

You could just use regular Pyrodex or 777, though I still would use the B209 if your gun can handle it, reliably. Just be sure and clean your gun well after shooting it.

You can also shoot cheaper bullet/sabot combinations while getting familiar with your gun. I shoot pistol bullets matched to a proper sabot often. I do a final sight in & test with hunting bullets before the hunt.

Latest posts

Back