White MLs?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Lyman 457122 330gr hp? is the one i want to try out and maybe make one smooth sided for sabot use. My Elite 45 shoots conicals in that weight range pretty well and i have the sizing dies my bore prefers but i still need to get a couple more.

I think i found a LBT mold that will make a cool long range target bullet with a couple of changes. I think it was a 458 semi spitzer and the other was for lever guns with a smaller metaplat.

"This is the quintessential White rifle, the best work I ever did."

That poor man has lost his mind.

Rich, with the base mounts that came with the rifle, I was able to remove the scope off my M98 and mount it right on the rifle. :D Now all I need is a little warmer weather and I'm good to go to she what she likes. :D

Underclocked said:
APEX!! :lol:

I am down to one White - an UltraMag in .504 that is an absolute tack driver. Whites are amazingly boring as there is little to go wrong and they just keep putting a good load in basically the same hole. What fun is that!?

Finally have figured out that I can't shoot but one at a time and, since they all behave similarly, why have so many? Yeah, I know... but I'm past that.
you is past a lot of things der :lol: :lol: :lol:

The 97-G-Whitetail-Bison- type rifles use a side protruding pull cock handle while the W series (Super 91, Model 98, etc) use an inline pull cock similar to some single-shot .22 rifles.

2csap00.jpg

The W series has a more refined look as compared to the G/97 types but I happen to prefer the simplicity of the G/97 action. The G/97 type is also a major plus if you have arthritic or weakened/impaired fingers.

The Lightning model White has the safety and pull cock reversed from the G/97 types. Pull cock is then on the right, thumb safety on the left. The pull cock itself acts as a very positive secondary safety on all models.

Underclocked said:
Ed, from this point onward you must refer to that rifle as the Baby Mag. :wink:

Will do! What site do you recommend to be able to post pictures? I'd like to show it off with my Leupold Scope on it. :D

Sisco Kid, what caliber did you get? Hopefully you didn't get it in the 50 caliber magnum version? Private joke between us DWB's. The DWB's try to break my chops and call the .451 a Squirrel Gun. :D

The W series has a more refined look as compared to the G/97 types but I happen to prefer the simplicity of the G/97 action. The G/97 type is also a major plus if you have arthritic or weakened/impaired fingers.

I found that out after I got a W series 91 II from Doc. I thought I was gong to like it better but my thumbs do not. I am considering selling it. Sisco has indicated some interest but I am not solid on a buyer.

MLKeith said:

I can see where that would be frustrating....and with gloves :(

edmehlig said:
Sisco Kid, what caliber did you get? Hopefully you didn't get it in the 50 caliber magnum version? Private joke between us DWB's. The DWB's try to break my chops and call the .451 a Squirrel Gun. :D
I went witha .50cal

Batchief909 said:
Underclocked said:
tinypic.com has always worked well for me, Ed. Very easy to use.

tinypic fer dat tiny .451...... :lol:

Cisco Kid see what I mean and sorry to hear you went to the dark side with that 50 cal magnum. I guess you don't shoot that good like the rest of the 50 cal shooters and you need to make up for it with the Bigger bullets. :lol: :lol: :lol: By the way you need to get use to us DWB's humor. :D Oh and as Michael Waddell would say " Welcome to the Brother Hood"

edmehlig said:
Batchief909 said:
Underclocked said:
tinypic.com has always worked well for me, Ed. Very easy to use.

tinypic fer dat tiny .451...... :lol:

Cisco Kid see what I mean and sorry to hear you went to the dark side with that 50 cal magnum. I guess you don't shoot that good like the rest of the 50 cal shooters and you need to make up for it with the Bigger bullets. :lol: :lol: :lol: By the way you need to get use to us DWB's humor. :D Oh and as Michael Waddell would say " Welcome to the Brother Hood"

dats why I had to get a .540 :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back