White Musket cap BP vs No. 11 BP ???

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good post Sabotloader. I also like a tight fitting no.11 cap to help make rain/water proof. I like to slip a cap protector over top to help seal the seam between the cap and plug when hunting in wet weather.

This has never really been a concern for me but I remember one wet hunt where we had nailpolish painted on the cap that seemed to keep things dry... just not a good idea to store the gun with a cap on it... so what do you do at the end of the day... if like me... "kaboom"... but nipple protectors, clear plastic airhose with a piece of paper or hot glue (or both) work swimmingly for that... and almost free... :D

I've found RWS #11 the best primers. Remington I get 1 or 2 out of 10 that don't work. CCI not much better.

However, I have a hard time finding RWS primers at local stores.

Jerry

''I don't know about scopes, I don't use them, but you still should have no problem in getting the musket cap on with an open breech... even if by hand...''

:D
You would need to show me how to do that. I can't even get my fingers under the scope without squishing them and I don't have what most would call ''fat fingers''. Even using a musket capper it will only work one way from one side holding it at one particular angle.

1vmUwsC.jpg
Hd9epJg.jpg
n9oz4Tq.jpg
FIsRtkt.jpg

This has never really been a concern for me but I remember one wet hunt where we had nailpolish painted on the cap that seemed to keep things dry... just not a good idea to store the gun with a cap on it... so what do you do at the end of the day... if like me... "kaboom"... but nipple protectors, clear plastic airhose with a piece of paper or hot glue (or both) work swimmingly for that... and almost free... :D
Sounds like a lot of trouble you went thru when a cap protector would have worked just as well. Not to mention at the end of the day you can remove it along with the cap quite easily.

Removing caps best done with needle nose pliers. Never leave any gone LOADED>

Jerry

Back