Whitetail

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sabotloader

Keep Shooting Muzzleloaders - They are a Blast
Supporting member
Reaction score
We were able to slip out yesterday morning to do a little whitetail hunting. We are/have been scouting another elk hunt location for the last couple of weeks and in the process if a decent whitetail buck would present itself - well that would really be nice. We call the first part of the month 'headgear' days. Here in Idaho you get one deer tag for the general season so we try to make it count. We are also on contending with a rash of 'Blue Tongue' disease that takes it toll on the whitetail. We have one more week of 'headgear hunting' then Thanksgiving week it reduces to any deer goes as the season is really ending.

Last week when we making the rounds of the cameras that we had set up my hunting partner picked up on this track. We did not have the animal on any of the cameras.

Well this week we believe he did show up on camera...

So a few little pictures have provided a little more incentive to work the area a little more and actually do some whitetail hunting.

Wow, that's a monster. He would have me pretty excited to know he was on or near my property.

Actually now that I have reviewed the pictures - there are two really nice bucks on the same track. We captured a photo early in the month that I assumed was this same big boy but they are different....

Latest Buck

And a relative from last week...

Both are Great bucks. Hope you both get a chance at them. :yeah:

Latest posts

Back