Who's shoot'n?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ENCORE50A

Long Range Shooter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Well I haven't. Hot, dry and a LOT of biting flies. A person can get ate up out there....
The Polaris Slingshot has taken up some time, while selling my Lund Tyee took up some other. Although this is the long range forum, I do need to tighten things up for everything but long range. Need another case of propellant and more bullets, or rather will soon.

Anyone shooting long range and just not reporting?

Now that the horse flies have settled down I might get back on the range. I think it was the worst I ever remember seeing them, was this year. I shot the Early Lancaster last week and it did well, but I think the heat was effecting the rifle a little. Then the rains came. But I hope to get back to shooting next week.

Don't enjoy hunting or shooting when water is exiting my body and I'm not exerting any effort..

I'll have my 2 newest builds put together within another week,it's Saturday, July 9 now. So to get ready for the August shoot in KY I'll be out early in the AM to see what they like. These will be sabotless shooters so that will take the sabot problem out of the equation. Figure if I can get 6 to 10 shots each whenever I go it won't take long to find a sweet load for each. But like everyone else I really don't shoot much in hot weather if I can avoid it. W

Haven't pulled the trigger on a muzzleloader since December. Embarrassed to admit that. With work, new baby, and moving there just no time to shoot and set aside cleaning time. I have been dumping a mag or 2 out of the AR to keep me sane.

ENCORE50A said:
Well I haven't. Hot, dry and a LOT of biting flies. A person can get ate up out there....
The Polaris Slingshot has taken up some time, while selling my Lund Tyee took up some other. Although this is the long range forum, I do need to tighten things up for everything but long range. Need another case of propellant and more bullets, or rather will soon.

Anyone shooting long range and just not reporting?
Not real long but i have been shooting 200 to 300 so as to be ready for an elk hunt in 3 months . Got 1 - 1/2 inch groups at 200 but 300 aint going very well . I might be relegated to 200 unless i get better soon and figure out whats going wrong at 300

Shot 600m to 1000m with CF today getting ready for some upcoming matches. Did some SML from 300yds to 500yds the other day. Have a power line that goes to 800yds I need to try out with the SML; probably next week.

Back