why does everyone hate traditions guns?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsefly

Reaction score
i see alot of people hateing traditions guns? i know why alot dislike cva for the obvious reason of the barrel problems they had. i bought mine for a great deal i got the all camo combo brand new never even loaded for 250.00 dollars and it also has the weather shield i wanted to but the new triumph but bought what i could afford the gun retails online for 452.00 so at 250.00 i'm happy havent shot it yet but it feels good to me and fits me good. so whats the big deal?

I had a Pursuit Pro, it was a great shooter, very accurate but the trigger pull was very erratic, it would go from 2 lbs to 10 lbs. Never 2 consecutive shots the same in a row.

I sent it for repairs but came back the same after 2 months wait, sold it and bought a Triumph.

i only own one traditions and its the kentucky flinter. Love it. Traditions usually have bad triggers- triggers that go off when you dont even touch them (older bolt actions) and their customer service from what i hear, sucks.

I stripped a screw hole on my lock and they fixed it for free. Also broke my ramrod and they replaced it for free even though they told me they usually do not replace wooden ramrods. I havent had any problems with them.

Traditions

Prejudice is a terrible thing. Shoot the gun and have blast!

You bought what you could afford and it fits you good. That sounds pretty smart to me. That's exactly how I just got into MLs a couple of weeks ago. You'd feel foolish/sick/stupid etc. if you spent $450+, found out you didn't like it, and wound up selling everything at a huge loss. Or worse, having it hang on your wall reminding you every time you dusted. Load it up, shoot it and have fun. There's nothing quite like shooting a ML. Welcome to the sport.

horse fly im a newbie at muzzle loading and so what i did was buy a CVA the first year and then after i realized how much i liked shooting muzzle loaders i bought a nicer gun. I really liked the cva (gave it to my brother) i just knew thier was higher quality our their and so i bought a better gun. Lots of people take our same route ,dont worry about it, make it a good shooting gun.

I must agree with all above post, buy what you can afford and if you
really like it, then you can go up the ladder from there, Its really hard
too only buy one, they do grow on you very fast, take it out and have fun and keep it safe.
there are some shooters bad mouth them along with cva being that the barrels are stamped made in spain, shoot the rec. loads in the manual
and you should be just fine, have fun

Take your new gun and enjoy it. It is a really good gun that will give you long service. Pay no attention its critics.

I have two really cheap CVA guns that often outshoot my expensive Encore. That Encore is a heavy gun that weighs about 9 pounds with scope and sling. My go to gun for a walking hunt is a CVA Stag Horn that weighs 7 pounds with scope and sling. That CVA Stag Horn cost me about $85.00 in 2000.

I have a Traditons ....new this year. So far I really like mine. Taken 2 deer with it. I dropped down to 80 grams of power and the accuracy really improved. (1 1/2 inchs at 100 yards)
Enjoy your new muzzleloader and let us know how your season turns out.

Latest posts

Back