Wildlife observations

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RAF

Reaction score
Here I am at my cabin for a few days. Purpose of this weekend is to relax after the hectic Christmas season and to break in a new snowmobile I bought last week. I'm sure most of you have seen the pictures I've posted over that past years of all the deer around the cabin. Well, they're still here ;). Yesterday my wife and I went to the restaurant at the local golf course for breakfast. On the way there, in the dark, saw 2 elk in the ditch. Couldn't see them very well, even in the headlights. After breakfast we drove by where we had seen them and they were still there, except now there were 67. No antlers but 7 nice healthy elk. One would have looked good hanging in my garage :D
This morning I was driving to the local garage to get some gas for the sled and saw a red fox trotting along the road. Looked like he had somewhere to go. A couple hundred yards down the road I stopped at a stop sign and there in the ditch was another fox and about 30 ravens. About 75 yds down the road there was a deer carcass that had been hit by a car over night. That's probably where the first fox was headed.
As I drive around here in my van or on the snowmobile I see deer wandering around. Even saw one man hand feeding one(I've done that too and have posted pictures).
While on the lake I found a spot covered in hair and pieces of hide. Looks like the wolves had dined there.
Nature never ceases to amaze me.
This morning

Nothing like being out in the wild and seeing all that nature has to offer. Enjoy your relaxing time out there, Everyone knows that free time is hard to come by.

RAF, I'm curious, when do the whitetails start dropping horns up your way? Thanks.

Usually January or February. Some drop them earlier. I think it's a matter of their condition. Saw lots still with all the head gear.

Latest posts

Back