Wishing Ron C well

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigAl52

Reaction score
Just posting this to wish RonC well. He was out for a walk and his knee that he had been rehabilitating buckled on him while he was walking. Not sure how much damage was done as I havent heard back. He was supposed to have an MRI on it a day or so ago. I have been priviledged to have Rons company while shooting several times and I can tell you all its a treat and pleasure to shoot with him. I wish you well my friend and I hope that your able to recover good weather is just around the bend. Al

Prayers for Ron before the throne of Grace!.......having had both knees completely dislocated, I am extremely empathetic!!

Thanks Al for the alert and be blessed Ron!

Doug

Thank you, Al. And thank you all for your prayers and good thoughts!

I had torn my quadriceps tendon right off the knee back in March. The orthopedic surgeon repaired it and reattached the tendon by drilling two tunnels into the knee and running thick sutures through the tunnels. After a month or so of physical therapy, I had enough mobility to have the heart surgery.

I was progressing really well, walking and using a bicycle trainer daily while working out with a personal trainer twice a week. I told my wife about 2 weeks ago that I had hit a threshold where I was close to reaching normal capability with the knee. Then, on Saturday, I was doing a 30 minute walk and the knee just buckled and down I went. The pain was constant and bad enough and the leg was so swelled that we went to the ER on Monday. They gave me the industrial strength pain medication.

I had the MRI on Thursday evening and we have an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon on Monday afternoon. Then, we should have the prognosis and be able to plan the next step. I hope he says that he can fix it arthroscopically! We will see.

As the bumper sticker says: "Stuff happens!"

Ron (occasionally mumbling nasty things under his breath)

Ron were you dreaming about "Crocodile Jerky" and not paying attention to your walking?  :D

Hoping for the best for you Ron.

Smokin' Joe said:
Ron were you dreaming about "Crocodile Jerky" and not paying attention to your walking?  :D

Hoping for the best for you Ron.
It was more like dreaming about Gator Tail. :twisted:
Ron

oh boy!

Good luck Ron, this really sucks buddy. As usual, one day at a time!

Setbacks after surgery really suck. I sure hope that this is a minor repair.

You should do like me .. ignore all the doctors' warnings and sit around eating sausages and BBQ. Just kidding, however, I get the feeling that you go overboard on the rehab. Just chill. :dodo:

You are correct about the rehab. The surgeon says that he has to push most people to do rehab but he has to restrain me. I just want to be back to normal so much that I come over do it.

Well, friends, there definitely is a partial tear in the repaired tendon and the knee will be operated on tomorrow evening.
I usually am pretty upbeat, but must admit to being frustrated. But, it has to be done so there is no use moping about it. It means a lot to have so much support, here!
Looks like one overnight stay at the hospital, 1 week to a visit to the orthopedic surgeon, and 4 weeks healing. Then, physical therapy.
The orders are no solid food after midnight and clear liquids until 10:30 am. Then, nothing. Nothing?! I will waste away from 242 lbs down to a waif and blow away in the wind! :roll: :D 
Ron

Man you are going through the ringer. My wife did the same to her left knee in early May 2015 and did the surgery thing and the rehab and it's been one thing after another ever since. She now is having a pain issue in the leg but it is now a back issue that was probably triggered by the therapy.

Anyway, Wishing you well Ron and will send a prayer your way. Be positive!

Glenn

Hey Ron
I will be thinkin about you tomorrow. I hope all goes well let us know how your doing when you can. Prayers from the North for a speedy recovery. Al

Ron, mate, I am late to the ball and just saw this thread.
Been fielding interesting times myself. Nothing in your league,
but, it has kept me from enjoying as much fun time as I would like. 
So, I have missed a few things.

You need to stop breaking things. How the heck am I ever gonna get 
you to Africa on a hunt? No. This just won't do. Go bionic, man. Tell 
those docs you want to be a cyborg. Then you can be the only cyborg 
wielding front stuffer on the planet.

But, on a better note, say the word and I will send some gator tail to you. 
It ain't Florida, but Louisiana gator tastes the same.

All our best. Me and the wife.
thoughts and prayers.

"But, on a better note, say the word and I will send some gator tail to you. 
It ain't Florida, but Louisiana gator tastes the same."

Colonel, just go to the swamp near your house and pop a 4'-5' gator and ship it in dry ice to Ron. With the drought, they will be all over any wet spot.

patocazador said:
"But, on a better note, say the word and I will send some gator tail to you. 
It ain't Florida, but Louisiana gator tastes the same."

Colonel, just go to the swamp near your house and pop a 4'-5' gator and ship it in dry ice to Ron. With the drought, they will be all over any wet spot.
Heh, heh... Yes. Yes, I could. Easily. 

Those dinos are everywhere. They are basically giant frogs with teeth, and attitude, and a better hide.

However, I do try to stay out of the pokey. Florida law (I am convinced) is designed to throw business 
to hunting guides and ranches. Bob, as a native, understands these laws and can navigate them. (And, I am eternally grateful for your guidance! It has been very good. I use it. I also loved your comments on my hog! -Chuckle- I was worried about me, too- for a while.) 

-BTW? I found an interesting property line phone app that I have used in three states now. It has been helpful. It has limitations, but so do a lot of things. It will track you by gps and give you a map of your hike and keep you out of trouble. I need to write it up for you guys. -

I don't care enough about hunting gator to fuss with it. Besides! They make you FISH for them here! You can't hunt them properly. (Bang-sticks? Really? I don't wanna get within 3 feet of those teeth and tail even if I know how- in theory- to wrassle them. I have a yearly pass to Gatorland... (I know... I get a lot of visitors) I will go gator hunting... I would like going. I just won't do a lot of leg work for it. 8)

Easier to get Ron to take me to Africa for a hunt... and, sexier. So, get your act together, Ron. Work, but don't be dumb about it. Find other diversions... like bionic augmentation. :twisted:

As I know a lot of folks from your line of work? I know you are a focused and determined breed with a lot of will. So, don't over do. Find complimentary distraction. Get well.

Thank you!
I was discharged from the Hostile.....Hospital late this afternoon. The surgery went well and the damage was less than occurred last time. They don't want the knee to bend for 4-6 weeks, so I am in a stabilizer brace that goes from thigh to ankle. It makes me look as graceful as a ballerina. :D 
Because of the replaced aortic valve, they dosed me with industrial strength antibiotics. It seems that the valves are susceptible to infection.
And, I do have to take it easier with the physical therapy that will start in 4-6 weeks.
Can't take a shower until Saturday. I can survive that, but can my wife?
Ron

Back