Wishing Ron C well

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow you will be walking around like one of those southpark cartoons lol.

Man just is killer. You need to get one of those hippie wool sweaters and hats, and settle back and relax with a doob :lol!:

Glad everything went well Ron. Put on a Capt Hook hat with that straight leg you will fit right in on Pearl in Boulder. I bet the wife will be on your case this time when Rehab starts. Maybe we could rehab you at the shooting range. Al

Ron, just cool it. Only mentally ill people like rehab so pretend you're normal and gripe about doing it. Part of rehab is getting all the other orthopedic guys together over a beer and bitching about how bad it is.

"Easier to get Ron to take me to Africa for a hunt... and, sexier."

Colonel, if my African experience was the norm, it's more like shopping than hunting. "No, not that one. He won't make Rowland-Ward."  ;)

Your positive mental attitude will get you through anything!
Maybe your wife can take a mini vacation and return after your shower.
Glad to hear you are once again on the mend.
Glenn

patocazador said:
Ron, just cool it. Only mentally ill people like rehab so pretend you're normal and gripe about doing it. Part of rehab is getting all the other orthopedic guys together over a beer and bitching about how bad it is.

Colonel, if my African experience was the norm, it's more like shopping than hunting. "No, not that one. He won't make Rowland-Ward."  ;)
Is that the Hunt that is sexier or Ron who is sexier? :)

When I have hunted in SA, the selection of the game was based upon which one is tastier and more tender.

Sometimes the rehab people and processes are deserving of gripes. Cardiac rehab trainers came out in regular workout clothing. Physical therapists came out in leather clothing and carrying whips.
Ron

RonC said:
Is that the Hunt that is sexier or Ron who is sexier? :)

<table style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); background-color: rgb(222, 222, 222);" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tr><td class="hr" colspan="2"><hr />
</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2">
N506WH.jpg
</td></tr></table>

Ron, you look at the picture and decide for yourself. :lol!:

All this talk about gator tail. I had some of that gator tail years ago and it was good. Send us some Colonel I know it would help that leg. Al

Good grief, I have been snoozing........Cheers to you Ron and get well quick.

Be careful of gator meat, I have ate small amounts since '61 but the last time in '99 two ounces almost killed me. Lips were swollen like hot dogs and breathing was being severely restricted. The ER doc said I had only minutes before I would have suffocated. Turns out I was allergic to gator meat.

Let's see a current picture of another dunk shot, yep, you can do it.  :D :D

John

Speaking of gators ... a fellow in my old hunt club is a cracker from the get-go. His dad and uncle used to poach gators for their hides back in the '50s & '60s. When he was about 7 years old, he went along on a skinning expedition with them. They promptly gigged a gator, pithed it, and skinned it. Then they dumped the carcass down a hole in between some semi-submerged gum trees.

My friend asked his uncle why they tossed the gator down the hole. The uncle responded, "so he can grow his hide back and we can skin him again next year."
He said he was 10 before he figured out the real truth of the matter. :lol!:

Took that promised shower. It was GOOOOOOD! :ttups: 
Appointment with the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow and may get the staples out.

I played pickup basketball until I was about 65. Tuesday nights and Saturday mornings were dedicated to playing. I did not like to play "shirts versus skins." At some point in a man's life, he should no longer be forced to show his hairy chest and back to the public.

The regulars at the games said I had a credit card jump. When I jumped, you could fit a credit card between the floor and the bottom of my shoe. At 5' 8.5" and 242 pounds, I certainly could dunk my donut in my coffee. I quit playing when they put the sticker on the backboard that said: "No dunking or hanging from the rim." :D
Ron

:rolling on flo dunk my donut in coffee. Holy crap that got a good laugh out of me Ron!

Staples are out!
I smiled for the first one removed; grimaced for the 10th and held down a scream for the 32nd. They should have put in a zipper rather than staples.

The new stabilizer brace is more comfortable than the last one. It is the same type they use for torn anterior crucial ligament. The angle of knee bend can be set at the pivot points.

I also learned that I am allergic to either one of the antiseptic wipes or to dressing adhesive. The resulting rash goes from mid-thigh to almost the ankle. The rash will go away in a few days and presents no problems.

Ron

Glad you're recovering....yes I had a nasty rash on my last shoulder incision from the tape.......your improving health is an encouragement to me......keep it up!!!

Good progress and inspiring attitude Ron C.  Wishing it continues for you!

Thank you, Jonathan, Doug and Marty!

I must admit that the whole situation is aggravating, but I look forward to starting physical therapy in 3 or 4 weeks.
Stopped taking the pain meds and my head has cleared up considerably. They made me a bit weird, flaky and spacey. Of course no-one could tell the difference from my normal self! :D 

All the Best to my buddies on Frontier Muzzleloading!
Ron

I found that oxycontin and the other opioids don't really stop pain, they just make you feel like a zombie. Ibuprofin works much better for me.

I am allergic to Naproxen and Ibuprofen does little for me. For me, the opioids take the edge off the pain and let me sleep. I haven't had one since yesterday.
I can't drive until the opioids are out of my system, so the sooner I am off completely, the better.
Ron

Ron......I'm down to Tramadol and only a couple of them a day......still having some annoying pain with right shoulder....think I may have over done it....sorta jumped the gun on my p.t. Getting off the medication is paramount...but as you know it's balancing act. Hang in there big guy!

Doug

Back