Wolf Results

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sitsintrees

Reaction score
Couldnt have picked a worse day to go to the range, rain showers and windy.
50yds 70gr BH with the newly tefloned taped bushing and the BH QRBP, cci-m primers (thanks carlos) and 250gr aerolites
Dont know who "bore sights' these things but 2ft low @50yds is a tad much. :shock:
Finally hit paper and adjusted it pretty close and uped the charge to 90gr, took 3 quick shots no cool down and
im happy with it so far. Tryed Barnes spit-fire TMZ 250gr and with a clean barrel it takes both arms and a leg to get them down
the barrel, 2 shots with them and done with um too damn tight! Them areolites slide right down nice an easy, even in a dirty barrel.
19 shots, no cleaning, no swabbing, just load and shoot, didnt even touch the bp, fired everytime with no issues

tar-210.jpg

Primers look perfect, no blow by no mess no nothing, head spacing as FG suggests is the way to go.

primer10.jpg

Did manage to shoot a few of coreys custom bullets in the hawken but the wind made it impossible to get a good group.
Was a lot of fun, cant wait to do some more fine tuning on it.

Wow... those primers look squeaky clean!

Are you using a scope on that WOLF :?:

Were you using yellow sabots with the barnes? I broke a ramrod once loading some barnes with yellow sabots in the Accura v2 I had.

Marty--- yes, konus 3x9x32 that came already mounted and bore sighted-------------2ft low @50yds :roll:

chaded--- yes the yellow ones, i was using solid brass range rod and it was a struggle to load them
i have 24 of um left lookin for a new home if someone wants to trade for .50 lubed .015 pt patches.........

Was going to try a load of 100gr with 300gr aerolites but ran out of time, range closes at 5:00
The wolf was fun to shoot but i have to admit id rather shoot the hawken, i absolutely love than gun!

Latest posts

Back