wood stock protection

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello 56 Kodiak Shooter,  I've been using Johnson's paste wax, but I am trying out a "new to me" product called Renaissance Wax polish.  I do like it, it dries hard and is not suppose to show finger prints.  Doesn't have that initial odor that Johnson's paste wax does has either.

Good question, it will be interesting to see what others use.

Ive been using Renaissance for years great stuff . Just takes a small amount which is good because its a little pricey.

mark1945 said:
Ive been using Renaissance for years great stuff . Just takes a small amount which is good because its a little pricey.
Does it dry to a light color after applying before buffing :?:

It dries almost clear . I have never tried it on any gun with oil finish .

Rays gun stock wax, Birchwood Casey wax, Johnson's floor paste wax, just to name a few.

Ya'll might think me odd but,
Thompson Center Bore Butter.
I have been using it for over 20 years on all my wood stocks.
Works perfect.

Hylander said:
Ya'll might think me odd but,
Thompson Center Bore Butter.
I have been using it for over 20 years on all my wood stocks.
Works perfect.
Now I know what to do with the Bore Butter that's been gathering dust for 15 years. I sure don't like it as a bullet or patch lube.

It's 21 degrees here and I just got back from taking the dog for a hike.  I thought it was rather pleasant. With the cold weather we've been having this year you are probably seeing a lot more "Snowbirds" down South.  Of course they are bundling up just like they did back home.  :twisted:

It's 27 degrees here. Kind of normal for this time of year. It will be up into the 50's when I take the pooch to the mountains for a run. That is warm for Jan. So far this is the mildest winter i've seen here.

Pete we just got our first snow that amounted to anything, about 12 inches so far. Ordered a new snowblower from Lowes on Friday a week ago, came in on Saturday of this week. Had time to grab it, gas and oil, come home service the unit then go to work on clearing drive and walks. Got under the wire one more time, thank you - thank you.  :cheers:

Latest posts

Back