Woodman 209 breech plugs.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeatMachine

Reaction score
I have a cva scout that has perfect bore .450 from one end to the other. I really like the Hankins large rifle module plugs but I have over 2500 209 primers with no other use than a muzzleloader. So my question is what is the diameter and thread pitch of the woodman plugs. Also I noticed that they recommend light n120 powder in their standard plug and would like to know how they held up using smokeless powder?

I love the Woodman adjustable 209 plug. Holds up great. I’ve got hundreds of rounds with various smokeless powders through stainless and tungsten bushings in mine. You’d have to ask Mark what the dimensions are on that.

I read that their breech plugs are made from 17-4 stainless steel so the standard plugs should hold up better than 416 ss plugs I’m just wondering by how much? I figured I would try one of those and upgrade to their tungsten bushing adjustable plug later if needed.

I was just talking with billyboy* about the scout plugs. Ive got the ASG plug in mine, it is longer than the Hankins plug so its supposed to allow for smaller powder loads as well as the max 65gr of imr4198. I am very interested in what you find out about Woodmans plug in a scout.

Latest posts

Back