WooHoo my chrony is no longer a fancy paperweight

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been wanting to do some new load testing in my Paramount this past yr., but not without my chrony.
I have the Caldwell Ballistics Precision Chronograph Premier that has a 25' 3.5mm cord that plugged into my old iphone4 which had the Caldwell ballistics APP on & functioned as the readout screen & stored everything. I traded in the dinosaur phone for a new iphone 13 ( no 3.5mm headphone port ) so that puts a stop to the testing before it ever began.
I find out that theres an adapter for the headphone jack to the lightning connector to my new phone. I gladly spent the 18.00 with shipping for it. IDK who screwed up, but the adapter didn't fit my phone & they wouldn't let me return it claiming it was my fault. ( and it could have been )
So, I go to Apple's site & order the next one from them.......thinking........I got this covered now.......WRONG - AGAIN!
The thing fits both the 3.5 jack & my phone, but it does not allow the transferring of data, only audio. Another 18.00 - SHOT!
Aaaaaand - STILL - no working chrony.
No one anywhere can tell me where to get the right " dongle " that will transfer data either.
So, its get an older phone or tablet with a headphone jack, solely to use with the chrony, or, buy another chrony.
I decide to hit FleeBay & get a used tablet. I spend 100.00 on a 10" Samsung & when I get it, everything on it worked perfectly, except for the dang headphone port. It did not work after trying the chrony cord or 3 diff sets of new headphones & earbuds. So I had to file a return claim & ship it back this wk.
I found another tablet thats got a new Android IOS 11, its 8" not so big now, but a very basic no frills tablet. Not good for quality music, video streaming or gaming, I didn't need any of that anyway.
It just got here yesterday eve.
I downloaded the APP & hooked it up to the chrony paperweight & VIOLA - its working. They are actually communicating with each other now. WOO FRIGGIN HOO!!!
Anonymouscowherd is comin up this wknd & we'll be putting this thing to work once again. Its long overdue!
I'm just glad that ordeal is finally over & I didn't need to buy a new chrony ( which I can't afford to do )

Attachments

• E564728E-80BA-42FF-8182-06474832A548.jpeg
    E564728E-80BA-42FF-8182-06474832A548.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I sure hope your aim is good. lol

Looks like quite the set up. I suppose that someday I should think about getting a decent chrono but I'm sure the first time out a sabot would go further than they have been flying and total it.

Latest posts

Back