XTP Magnums?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
Does anyone here have any experience with the 240 grain XTP magnums? The 250 and 300 XTP shoot quite well in my rifle, but usually will not leave an exit wound.

Does anyone here have any experience with the 240 grain XTP magnums?

These have generally been good shooters for me. I've only shot paper with them and they don't travel very far after being shot! :wink:

Looks like the basic model is only 1,100. ! What a bargain!!! :lol:

The 240 XTP mag. worked well out of my ML rifles. The only reason I don't shoot them is now Hornady makes the 250 SST, witch I like a tad better out at 200+ yd's then the 240 mag. The 240 mag is a good bullet I have taken about 6 deer with them and all were pass through's leaving a good blood trail.

I like the 240 grain XTP mag. They have always been more accurate than the regular XTP for me, and I have taken many deer with that bullet from my Savage.

There you go, you might start a trend. I just haven't been able to get remarkable accuracy out of them. Same way with the 300 XTP Mags, if you push them they start to group-- but still not remotely near the better grouping bullets in my guns. They are certainly available and economical; it is easy enough for anyone to find out for themselves.

What they do for me really doesn't matter of course, what they do out of an individual's gun is all that matters.

Latest posts

Back