You guys are bad influences!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tannhauser

Reaction score
Just so you know, you all are bad influences.

I started off a few years ago with a sidelock that was owned by a friend who suddenly passed. I wanted to use this rifle for a hunt, so I spent a lot of time lurking on this forum to learn how to shoot and care for a muzzleloader. I ended up joining the site and killing a deer.

I really liked muzzleloader hunting, so I decided I needed an inline. After some research, I bought an Accura MR, dialed in an accurate BH209 load and killed a nice buck.

Recently, after reading so many posts about Knight rifles, I just purchased an older MK-85. It's beautiful. I can't wait to work up a load.

Now, I hear those White rifles are pretty nice and there's even a special forum....

As I said, you guys are bad influences. :D

Welcome to the sickness! I'd like to tell you there is a cure once you find the perfect one but that would be a flat out lie. Next thing you know you'll be stopping at every gun shop and your eyes will automatically scan for ramrods on barrels. It's faster that way lol

03mossy said:
Welcome to the sickness! I'd like to tell you there is a cure once you find the perfect one but that would be a flat out lie. Next thing you know you'll be stopping at every gun shop and your eyes will automatically scan for ramrods on barrels. It's faster that way lol

Well, someone has to give those old muzzleloaders a good home. Really, it's almost more of a civic duty :D

Tannhauser said:
Just so you know, you all are bad influences.

I started off a few years ago with a sidelock that was owned by a friend who suddenly passed. I wanted to use this rifle for a hunt, so I spent a lot of time lurking on this forum to learn how to shoot and care for a muzzleloader. I ended up joining the site and killing a deer.

I really liked muzzleloader hunting, so I decided I needed an inline. After some research, I bought an Accura MR, dialed in an accurate BH209 load and killed a nice buck.

Recently, after reading so many posts about Knight rifles, I just purchased an older MK-85. It's beautiful. I can't wait to work up a load.

Now, I hear those White rifles are pretty nice and there's even a special forum....

As I said, you guys are bad influences. :D

Haha! Been there. About 8yrs ago I had 1... an MK-85 that I bought new in 1993. Since then things have changed alot :lol: :lol: It can definitely be addicting, but hey I could spend money on much worse things!

Welcome to the club :mrgreen:

Whites are where the sickness became termanal for me. a little over a year ago i owned a couple knights and a tc renegade. I found and purchased my first white, shot it and instantly went on the hunt for more today i own 9 whites..... be careful its a slippery slope to white addiction.... you have been warned!

I am happy to say that I am muzzleloader free finely :partyman: , this is what saved me....

In a few days, after you pm me your address, you will receive a large prepaid shipping crate, carefully place all your muzzleloader stuff in this crate, call to have it picked up as soon as possible and never, I repeat, never come back to this forum again :nono:

03mossy said:
Next thing you know you'll be stopping at every gun shop and your eyes will automatically scan for ramrods on barrels. It's faster that way lol
Man ain't that the truth! Thought it was just me that did that. :lol: :lol:

Latest posts

Back