Konus Pro 274 Scout Scope

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dagwood_55

Reaction score
I'm ordering a CVA Accura MR in the next day or so. And for an additional $120 bucks I can
get a KonusPro 275 Illuminated Reticle scope to go with it. I've read good and bad reviews
on this scope.

Can I buy a better ML scope for 120 to 175 or so? Or is this a good enough scope for this price range???

Thanks

Konus scopes are made in China IIRC. The model you posted only has 3" of relief. I would look for 3.5" or more. You should be able to get a Redfield Revenge for a similar price without the illuminated reticle. It has a nice range finding feature you may like. They are still imported from the Philippines IIRC but at least Leupold will stand behind them. They own Redfield now.

Redfield Revenge 3x9x42 $119
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/163230

There is a ML sabot Accu-Ranger model for about $60 more also. I personally just prefer a plain reticle on a ML and it does not need to be a ML scope. Any good rifle scope will get the job done if it has enough eye relief. Nikkon ProStaff 3x9s have about 3.8" and can be had for around $120 also.

If you can go upto about $190, you can get a Vortex Diamondback Riflescope 3x9x40. They are very good scopes and an excellent company. Cabelas has them on sale atm.

OpticsPlanet has them also with free shipping http://www.opticsplanet.com/vortex-rifl ... m-01p.html

That eye relief to me would be DANGEROUS. It would be a hat knocker and maybe an eye brow kisser. I would look for something with more eye relief. I personally like 3.75-5 inches of eye relief. A favorite scope of mine that does not break the bank is the Nikon Pro Staff. I like the 2-7x32mm as they have good eye relief, gather light great, excellent glass and of course the Nikon warranty. You can often find them for around $129.99 at on line stores.

Yep 3" of relief in a ultra light ML would be asking for a scope bite. My Redfield Revolution 2x7x33 almost gets me on the ULA and IIRC its got around 3.7" on the highest magnification. Cheaper scopes also lose some eye relief as you go up in magnification. Very few will maintain the advertised relief as you turn them up.

I scored a Nikon Prostaff 3x9x40'for a very good price at my local GS. Nikon had sone kind of dealer kickback/holdback which saved me a bit.

Thanks for the info, glad I didn't get the Konus

The ProStaff is a good scope for the money. They are made at the same plant as many more expensive scopes and ive heard QC has greatly improved.

Latest posts

Back